Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 How the .243 stacks up >

How the .243 stacks up

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How the .243 stacks up

Old 06-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How the .243 stacks up

i stuck my fist into the enter hole. and i still had room for my other fist to be put in there side by side(and no i'm not exagerating at all this is a true experience),
If you're saying a 30-30 made a two fist sized entrance hole in a deer at 150 yards then you need to lay off the LSD. That stuff has fried your brain.

Under 150 yards using a 30-30 or a 243 on deer there's not much difference. Either will be fine. The 243 has the steam to reach out much further however and that is why I prefer it between the two. Buck of a lifetime standing 300 yards away and I have a 243? I'll be showing him off to my friends that night. Same situation and you have a 30-30. Well, you'll be describing what he looked like to your friends that night from memory.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:16 PM

yeah i have shot more than just mule deer, i have shot 2 elk and 2 deer, n what is up with you and texas??
Old 06-09-2005, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im still waiting for the answer as to which gun he would rather have with a charging griz or polar bear....a 243 or a 45-70?? Think hard Z
I'm not on board with everything zrexpilot has said in this thread but the above statement has gotten a little ridiculous. Let me get this straight. Now the 243 isn't to be considered a good deer caliber because if I'm out hunting in the Alabama woods and I get charged by a Polar Bear it doesn't have the power to slide him backwards on his @$$? Well that settles it I'm getting a 416 Rigby for next year. No Alabama Polar bear is gonna be chewing on my @$$.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Todd1700

Im still waiting for the answer as to which gun he would rather have with a charging griz or polar bear....a 243 or a 45-70?? Think hard Z
I'm not on board with everything zrexpilot has said in this thread but the above statement has gotten a little ridiculous. Let me get this straight. Now the 243 isn't to be considered a good deer caliber because if I'm out hunting in the Alabama woods and I get charged by a Polar Bear it doesn't have the power to slide him backwards on his @$$? Well that settles it I'm getting a 416 Rigby for next year. No Alabama Polar bear is gonna be chewing on my @$$.
LMAO !
Kinda a funny when you put it that way.