Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Sako synthetic stocks ?'s >

Sako synthetic stocks ?'s

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Sako synthetic stocks ?'s

Old 05-27-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Sako synthetic stocks ?'s

I hear that the synthetic sako stocks are about the best out there on an over-the-counter gun. Until I started looking pretty hard at the Sako rifles, I was dead set on a custom McMillan. Any of you sako guys know what material they use, how easy/effective a pillar bedding job would be, and how they compare in quality to some of the fiberglass stocks out there (McMillan for example)

Ohh, and please tell me they're not hollow!?!?!? []
Old 05-27-2005, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sako synthetic stocks ?'s

The only thing I can say is that the Sako stocks are very well made and don’t sound as hollow as other stocks. Now to compare them to the McMillan stock is something I can’t comment on because I’ve never handle the McMillan stock. Hopefully some one else can answer your other questions.
Old 05-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

My Ruger Synthetic stock is solid not hollow. Never had a Sako synthetic.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

zac76156 FYI synthetic stocks(factory issue) from every manufacturer have hollow foreends and hollow butts. Only exception I have seen is the "Canoe Paddle" Ruger 77 which has a hollow foreend and the dished out butt and various guns that have HS precision stocks..remington senderos the the rest use Belland CArlson(most weatherbys,reminton Ti). I am basing this on owning various and sundry Remington,Winchester,Ruger,Weatherby,Sako and a Sigarms SHR970. Now the Sako comes with a Hogue stock it doesn't need to be pillar bedded it will work just fine as they are free floated from the factory. Design wise it may be the best of the regular synthetic stocks out there it is so popular as a matter of fact that Mcmillan actually inlets the same design for Remington Actions. The Rubber inserts on the grip and foreend help the grip in slick conditions. The Mcmillan is a dead copy of it but of course the it has no hollow cavity in the foreend..the rear butt is filled with foam. Both are very nice stocks and the factory stock doesn't need to be replaced to optimize accuracy. It would be aesthetics only. Good Luck