Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Spider Wire Line opinions >

Spider Wire Line opinions

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Spider Wire Line opinions

Old 08-02-2004, 01:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default Spider Wire Line opinions

Any opinions on spider wire? i just bought some 8lb Super Mono for my bass setup.. any opinions on this stuff? I have been using Trilene for years but wanted to try something else. I got a couple of bad batches of Trilene that seemed to snap real easy. Looked for something different..

i have heard of it wearing out the eyes on your rod however.. not sure if this was the super mono stuff or the other poly stuff they were talking about.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spider Wire Line opinions

semi, my brother uses it all the time and loves it. He won’t go back to mono. It’s tough stuff to cut. If you get a snag, make sure to ware a glove when trying to pull on the line or it can cut you’re self especially if you wrap the line around your had to give it a tug.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ive herd of the spider wire braided stuff wearing out guides and stuff but the super mono is great I use 12lb on my spinning combo and have never had a problem ive been useing it for several years now and I wont use anything else Its never broke on me and Ive had it tangled in some nasty stuff but its really good line so id definatly reccomend it
Old 08-05-2004, 05:51 PM

For your purposes the Super Mono is a good line. I've used it a good bit on my stream rods with success. If you're looking to bo with a true braided line, as long as it's one of the newer Spectra type braids it'll be good stuff. I've enjoyed using Stren's new braided lines but I'm fishing 50 lb braid in very matted milfoil on Guntersville with that...whole different story there. Nail clippers will but any of that line, even the heavy stuff. You just gotta pull them sideways like little knives to cut it. Good luck and tight lines.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:15 PM

I Use Spider Mono 10lb Test And Love It.