Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Ticked off!

Old 06-07-2004, 12:14 PM

Default Ticked off!

Had to vent on something I just learned one of my wife's relatives by marriage did. It is illegal to have a garbage burning barrel in Minnesota, although the DNR doesn't seem particularly tough on it in the rural area we live in. Anyhow, this guy turned in both his brother-in-law and his sister-in-law, when he found out their familes used burning barrels. The DNR sent each of them a nice enough letter asking them to stop, which they have complied with. Neither of them have ever been in trouble with the law.

Now let's get to this guy and what a hypocrite he is. This is a guy who openly talks about dropping illegal chum bags down ice holes the night before he fishes them and sinks christmas trees in the lake for structure - also illegal. He also alters the shoreline through a channel that connects two lakes to make it easier to get through - which only the DNR is supposed to do. I've never seen him do any of this but he sure brags about it. He also owns one-sixth of a lake lot on a lake that we live on - courtesy of his wife and her relatives - and never pays lake association dues, which go toward holding ponds, restocking the lake, spraying for worms, mosquitos, etc. Yet he shows up at every meeting like he's the damn president. To add diesel fuel to the fire, he also is in charge of some local youth fishing organization and is constantly telling people how they should do more. How does he have time for all of this? He's unemployed of course while his wife works her butt off. It's not that he can't get a job, he just won't.

Oh, I forgot, he has been involved in illegal resale of vehicles( not transferring titles) and theft by swindle (taking a dock without paying).

I know illegal burning of garbage is bad, but they stopped and you had better believe I am going to turn this guy in the first chance I get for any illegal activities I witness.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ticked off!

you might try talking to a cop about it and get them to keep an eye on him sometimes they dont know anythings going on till someone points it out so you might give that a shot
Old 06-08-2004, 10:59 AM

No burn barrels? THose are a requirement in Alabama!
Old 06-09-2004, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

sucks that there are people like that
Old 06-13-2004, 01:44 AM

My question is this. How can a burn barrel polute the air more than an open fire pit? Seriously!

critch
Old 06-16-2004, 11:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not trying to start an argument, but how do you know he does these illegal activities if you have never seen him? If he brags to you about it, then turn him in.

If your just supicious of him, then report him and let the local police or DNR look into it and see what they find.

In terms of community activities, maybe the organizations should finally stand up to him.