Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Trout tactics

Old 03-03-2004, 03:48 AM

Default Trout tactics

I'm an avid bass and catfisherman in va. and also do alot of fishing in nc.Anyway,we have some great rainbow and brown trout fishing in the area I moved to 2yrs ago.I have done very little trout fishing but would like to get in to it alot more this year.If any of you would share some of your tactics or tricks I would greatly appreciate it.I'm not big on fly fishing,so if you have any other ways of success you don't mind sharing,I'd be grateful.Thanks alot
Old 03-03-2004, 06:09 AM

Default RE: Trout tactics

Ive always have had pretty good success with powerbait or if you like spinning try using small spinners.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

I've had a ton of success on Roostertails. They're cheap, can be found at Walmart, and they're effective on just about every fresh water fish out there. Use white or yellow for murky water, bronze or black for clear, and spinning tackle with four pound test or lighter. I keep an assortment of weights as well, preferring the 1/8th ouncers for trout.

Good luck!

Fritz
Old 03-03-2004, 05:07 PM

Magic bait for lake fishing is marshmallows and maggots on a #14 eagleclaw baitholder hook with a split shot about 18 inches from the hook. Or add more weight for shore fishing. Put about 5-6 maggots on the hook, hook them through the eyes and cover the hook with them, then take your minature marshmallow and slide it onto the line and push down to the eyelet of the hook. ly on trout.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:41 AM

thanks to all of ya for the tips-hope to try them soon with this warm weather,if my back will allow
Old 03-06-2004, 05:50 AM
Fork Horn

wow around here trout wouldnt hit on marshmellows power bait or any thing like that a #2 gold french mepps catches big trout an a worm , blue fox an thomas eel will catch them to the stock trout here bites on any thing but they never stovk the stream so you go after the smart natives i caught a couple 15 inch brookies 1 18 inch on worms here
Old 03-08-2004, 05:07 AM
Fork Horn

What kind of water are you fishing in? Stream , Lake, or river.? I do a lot of trout fishing in the mountain streams of VA and all I use are Panther Martins tied to 4Lb test on a 4 1/2 foot ultra lite. I have always esed Panther Martins. They hit them hard. I was actually up in the hills this weekend and caught 62 inches of trout in less than an hour.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:36 AM

Thanks 02-I'll be fishing the Smith River below Philpott Dam.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:57 PM

i have had good luck with balls of velveta cheese . . .. let it float down the river over a nice hole and theyll get it. . . add a small amounbt of weight to bring it slightly unde the water
Old 03-08-2004, 05:00 PM

i also like to use rooster tails wghen in larger streams. . . .i agree with your veiw on panther marins 02

Quick Reply: Trout tactics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.