Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Possible tie for bass record...WHAT A DAY!! >

Possible tie for bass record...WHAT A DAY!!

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Possible tie for bass record...WHAT A DAY!!

Old 04-01-2014, 01:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Possible tie for bass record...WHAT A DAY!!

Dang!! Pics on the way....!! I was flipping and pitching my black trick worm when I had a hit that about broke my wrist. The rod slammed against the boat...I used my entire body to set the hook...I thought it was a giant gator...I'm so glad I had my 40 pound braid on...Whatever it was pulled the boat about 10 feet and then I felt the slack..Oh my goodness..fattest bass I ever saw...after 3 more runs my wife swooped her up..My scales showed 23 pounds..FREAKED me out..I'm still shaking and my heart is pounding. We rushed the fish to a nearby tackle shop and it was 22. 87 pounds...a new world record...a pril fool.
C7
Old 04-01-2014, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wish you the best C7, hoping you are on them spawning females down there. Really looking forward to the ice coming off the lakes in the coming weeks.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Typical Buck

wow man that is one big bass. my biggest was about 5 pounds, and I considerd that a big fish
Old 04-02-2014, 12:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey thanks Buck...I hope you all noticed the April Fools at the bottoom of the thread...If that was a true story, you would have seen me on the 6:00 news..lol

In all seriousness, I have been catching many bass but no giants. I think I know what might be happening. Normally I'm a die hard flipping and pitching man...well, this year there is not much of a structured shoreline. Bass can spawn in water in 2-8 feet if neccessary. Well, recently I've been catching my bigger fish in 5 feet of water on my drifting rod. When I can't find the fish I'll pitch and lay a second rod over my foot drifting in the secondaries 4-8 foot...lately I've been catching them on that secondary rod. If you try this...use braid on your secondary rod, mono has a tendency to kink up when drifting a worm, even a non- curly tail.

Last edited by Chuck7; 04-02-2014 at 12:58 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:54 AM
Typical Buck

oh dear....it appears ive been fooled
Old 04-03-2014, 04:42 AM
Super Moderator

http://www.bassmaster.com/news/georg...d-record-bass#
Old 04-03-2014, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

thanks for posting that. great story.