Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Super Bummer Today

Old 04-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Super Bummer Today

While loading up my boat I remembered I'd forgotten my cell phone..When I returned..my tackle bag was stolden..There are middle school kids who pass by the sidewalk in front of my house early. The contents were well over 700.00

Let's look in the bag.

Bag...30.00
Worm Box ...worm rattles, jigs, Johnson Silver Spoons, various hooks, weights , sharpener..75.00
Large Plano Box of Bill Norman and KVD Cranks..150.00
Large Plano Box of Rapala Floaters, KVD Frogs, Flukes, Horney Toads..100.00
Scales 25.00
Cannon Camera 200.00
3 extra Symetre Spools filled with braid 75.00
Box of rod tips 15.00
Headlamp and pliers 30.00
Mosquito Repellant 7.00
Box of Rattle Traps 30.00
Box of Rooster Tails 30.00
6 Terminator Weedless in a spinner box. 35.00

Big fat loss...I had a back up of some of the stuff but a real heart breaker. I reported it to the cops. Often my 38 would have been in the bag..thank God it wasn't.

I pretty much am a 4 lure user for any FL body of water.

1. Black worms..I had a reserve of 8 pks as well as hooks..I had to buy more bullet sinkers..

2. My 2nd best bait is a crankbait..I had about 10 lipless and 10 divers for a reserve.
3. My best top water is the Horny Toad..I had 2 pks in reserve.I had no other reserve top water..I lost every Rapala I owned in floaters...bummer.
4. I love Rooster Tails...I had to buy 4 today..I had a reserve of weedless Terminators as well.

I ordered a new scale off of ebay..I should be good.

Lesson learned..people are desperate..keep your stuff locked up..don't over load your tackle box. I had a new box given me about 5 wks ago..I 'm good to go..I just painted about 24 new bullet sinkers.. I spray paint them gloss black and then mist them with Candy Apple Red..(-; Hey, it works for me.

Last edited by Chuck7; 04-03-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

man thats awfulyou handle it better than i would, i would be fumeing right now
Old 04-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't believe in coincidence . I know the voice of the Lord and believe Inunderstand why that happened. As I was rigging up a lock system for my trolling motor He spoke to my heart that that was a lesson on why Christian husbands must be diligent Watchman.."For the thief cometh to kill, rob and distroy." I've been so busy "Minisering" lately that I've been neglecting my wife 's needs. She has been very depressed this week as she is going through that hormone change....I learned the lesson...before reaching out to others, make sure your family is takin care of...Because if your wife is upset..you aint going nowhere. (-;
Old 04-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7
I don't believe in coincidence . I know the voice of the Lord and believe Inunderstand why that happened. As I was rigging up a lock system for my trolling motor He spoke to my heart that that was a lesson on why Christian husbands must be diligent Watchman.."For the thief cometh to kill, rob and distroy." I've been so busy "Minisering" lately that I've been neglecting my wife 's needs. She has been very depressed this week as she is going through that hormone change....I learned the lesson...before reaching out to others, make sure your family is takin care of...Because if your wife is upset..you aint going nowhere. (-;
that's exactly right. if the wife aint happy... nobodys happy
Old 04-03-2014, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

It happens to the best of us.
Don't forget to pray for the person that took your tackle.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:26 AM
Dominant Buck

I sure did Johnny...Starting my day differently today(-;

I would have been super duper bummed if my pistol had been in my bag. Last night I drilled two 1/4 inch holes in my trolling motor clamp thumb screws..I put a small lock through each hole...then I ran a long Brinks lock through each small lock..I have a lot of locks lol

I did find one top water floating minnow that I had as part of a display on my shed..I cleaned it up and stuck new hooks on it. I also just bid on 50 glass rattles...

I will be sitting in the dark on my front porch this morning though to observe the kids walking by my home from 6:40- 6:55 AM...I promise not to shoot them..lol