Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Best bait caster

Old 06-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

I went out today as well and not much cooperating here either.. The wind came up and only added to it.. I did catch quite a few chain pickeral however. One of them I should of kept as it was the biggest one I can recall catching and could of very well got me a patch in " The One That Didn't Get Away Club ". I know where it is hiding though so maybe after I look up the wieght qualifacations for it I might go try it again before the summer is over with.

I did mark a lot of fish down deep which I think were mostly White Perch though. There was some hugh fish showing up down there as well. Those most likely were bass, either larghemouths or hugh smallmouths.. I will be giving them a try again sometime when the wind is not blowing. I am determined to find out what they are..

Also I was able to cast my baitcaster today! Yahoooee! The only problem was I could only cast it with alot of wieght on it.. Every time I just tried a rubber worm I had issues. At least I was casting it today and will keep working at it..
Old 06-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Dominant Buck

Good deal on the baitcaster...Wind? I love wind..when it blows I drift two rods over and over through promising hot spots...

Remember wind from the west is best
Wind from the east is least

I was hoping for wind today..when it came up I hooked into Big Bertha..Our wind was from the east today..so not that good..when it's blowing from the west ..expect..to catch a mess

Last edited by Chuck7; 06-15-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

It was blowing straight out of the north once it kicked in. It was almost calm as I headed out but that changed rappidly.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Might not be able to make it until next year sometime. Our training isn't in Florida this year so unless I get a good case down there or something then the odds are that it won't be any time soon unfortunately. If it changes though, I'll be sure to give you a holler, I had a great time last time.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:40 AM
Dominant Buck

I did too..we need a whole day or weekend during the spawn..i could hep to put your family up..we could have separate boats ..which is a must for flipping ...I could video tape all of your hawgs...let me know when..I have tons of days I can take off.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Aaron is this depth finder in your dash?

Is it something I could put on my boat?

How does your finder show fish?