HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best bait caster
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

I went out today as well and not much cooperating here either.. The wind came up and only added to it.. I did catch quite a few chain pickeral however. One of them I should of kept as it was the biggest one I can recall catching and could of very well got me a patch in " The One That Didn't Get Away Club ". I know where it is hiding though so maybe after I look up the wieght qualifacations for it I might go try it again before the summer is over with.

I did mark a lot of fish down deep which I think were mostly White Perch though. There was some hugh fish showing up down there as well. Those most likely were bass, either larghemouths or hugh smallmouths.. I will be giving them a try again sometime when the wind is not blowing. I am determined to find out what they are..

Also I was able to cast my baitcaster today! Yahoooee! The only problem was I could only cast it with alot of wieght on it.. Every time I just tried a rubber worm I had issues. At least I was casting it today and will keep working at it..