Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Name that fish..

Old 03-27-2012, 10:27 AM
Dominant Buck

I Googled Lake Conroe and watched alot of videos..I wasn't thrilled with the fish sizes and the pressure that lake gets..It looks like the successful fishermen fish the creek tributaries that have the stumps ,pads etc..and even then..the size I saw wasn't huge..You may want to find another lake..or get on some Lake Conroe forums and get alot of information.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

The lake is good, multiple share lunkers came out of it last season. Mike Iaconelli pulled in stringers averaging over three lbs per fish in the Texas BASS classic that is held there. The fish in that lake are big. The only problem is that the lake conroe HOA decided to throw in butt loads of grass carp and they ate all the vegetation in the lake. The lake is BARE other than stumps, so the fish are spread out and can be hard to locate. Once you locate them though, you can usually catch fish on those spots darn near year round, its just hard to find those spots and fisherman on this lake are tight lipped. Also add in the fact that the lake has gone up 6 feet in almost 2 months has made it that much harder to locate them.

I'll figure it out eventually, I just havent had any luck with it yet. It doesnt halp that the fish finder on the front of my boat went kaput which means I have no clue what depth Im fishing or where the structure is while Im fishing. I basically drive around in water depth that I think they will be in, go in circles until I find structure in the area, then fish that area pretty good. It hasnt worked out yet, but I'm confident that once i get on them I will be able to pattern them pretty quickly.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Dominant Buck

I would think Tezas would have stringers of 5-7 pound bass ..for pros that is...Texas is right up there with hFL and Cal. ....I believe Lake Fork produces monsters.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:35 PM
Spike

We have always called it a picasimus, ive fished central FL my whole life
Old 03-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Which Lake's do you fish?
Old 03-28-2012, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I typed that wrong chuck, his stringer average was 5-6 lbs, my fault. The lake is solid, its just hard to pattern because of the lack of strucutre/cover.