Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Name that fish..

Old 03-25-2012, 07:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

To be fair some of those saltwater ones do look a lil diffent maybe .

But heres some from utah( though it looks just like Wy to m e)

Dont know who that person is...
Old 03-25-2012, 07:46 AM
Dominant Buck

My picture fish only gets to be about 2 pounds when fully grown..People DO NOT eat them..Them are mostly bought for their CLEANING SKILLS hint hint
Old 03-25-2012, 07:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ohhk bought live then? - in the pet dept- some kinda alge eater, bottom sucker cleaner?lol

IStill dont know its name off hand( latin for scum sucker? )

Last edited by Knightia; 03-25-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

When my son was in the MP,s in germany& we visted him- we went to there walmart - they had large tanks of fish to eat- like trout etc. I (saw) that sams clubs in china sells pretty good size live turtle to eat.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Plecostomus- close?
Old 03-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Dominant Buck

No sir...that's not it..the fish will only be in Walmart"s that sell fish tanks and fish..this fish will cost about 3.99 each and will ne about 2 inches long..when they are bigger they put them in lakes..and that is the problem..

Sorry..you are correct on the scientific name....I checked it out (-;

The Walmart name would be Algae Eatter....the common name is Sucker mouthed catfish

Last edited by Chuck7; 03-25-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

There non native to the area? evasive speices?I have heard/seen etc about quite a few things down in fla- snakes lizards, plants fish etc getting to be a problem or out of control in the wild etc. Not just there of course but elsewhere to.

That fish i posted is native to wy- but on the east side of the contintanal divide only- but some claim its bad for waters here on the west side of the divide -that hold lake trout, smallmouth bass, rainbows etc& bad for those fish- that are also non native to those waters also or here at all maybe even.

Go figure- maybe based on what one makes the most moneys & is the most popular etc hmmm...... I think they like to eat them popular fishs s yep.

Last edited by Knightia; 03-25-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Chuck-i seem to me missing links & ppls post today till i goback& reread things again( sometimes more then once even)

The Walmart name would be Algae Eatter....the common name is Sucker mouthed catfish
Old 03-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Alaska
Hawaii
Puerto Rico & Virgin Islands
Guam Saipan
.................................................. ..
Yep those lake trout are for sure not native to here either i dont think or those german browns etc etc & many others either(including walleye that came from up river( but down south in Co after a flood & illegal trasnplants etc in the past.

Last edited by Knightia; 03-25-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Chuck7
No sir...that's not it..the fish will only be in Walmart"s that sell fish tanks and fish..this fish will cost about 3.99 each and will ne about 2 inches long..when they are bigger they put them in lakes..and that is the problem..

I was thinking along the same line as that.. In fact I used to have a large one that killed an Oscar on me.. It was a loarge Oscar and it kept sucking on the side of it. More so after I cleaned the tank as we have soft water here with very little Algae in it..

I actually have one of only a handfull of wells in the state here that has soft water..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.