Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Spinners and line twist. >

Spinners and line twist.

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Spinners and line twist.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Spike

Default Spinners and line twist.

hey all. ty in advance for answering my question. how do you guys prevent line twist when using spinners?? my wife and i just bought a canoe and we've been fishing a ton lately. however our lines are getting twisted up something awful. any tips??

phirst
Old 05-18-2010, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

swivel or snap swivel
Old 05-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Dominant Buck

I feel for ya..If I had to choose ONE lure to keep from starving..it would be the 3/8 th ounce WHITE Rooster Tail..an inline spinner
and like you..what do ya do about line twist..

You have 2 options..
A. is what I do...fish the spinner until the twisting starts..then tie on a lure that doesn't twist..use it for at least an hour then tie the spinner back on..

B. Buy the tinest swivel you can find..I hate using swivels too..but BASS PRO has some very tiny black ones..

Summary..I LOVE spinners..favorite all purpose bait..I fish with them until the first kink starts..tie on a crankbait or whatever..fish a while until the kinks are out.

Also..after about 5 -7 cast ..let your spinner hang down freely about 3 feet from the tip of the rod and let the spinner unravel itself..this helps alot..I've won all my tournament money using this lure..it catches fish when all else fails..most fish are on the small size but I've lost count of the 5 pounds and plus I've caught on this lure.
I was desperate Sat..and caught 4 decent bass..on the Rooster Tail..It resembles our Gizzard Shad

Fish Caught or Lost on this lure..
A few hundred bass
My biggest cat..15 pounds
Lost a few bass I know would have gone over 10lbs ..hooks are very small } -;
Huge bluegills
Gar
Crappie
Bowfish
Chain Pickeral many
Limits of Sunshine Bass { White Bass Cousin}

Last edited by Chuck7; 05-18-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:27 PM
Fork Horn

After the twist becomes unmanageable, cut off your lure and drag about 100 feet of unweighted mono or a little more than your farthest cast behind your canoe for 5 minutes as your moving to take out all the twist. Also close your bail manually before starting to reel in, don't rely on the autotrip feature as that puts a bit of twist in each time and of course never reel against the drag. Finally, try using fireline or braid which have no memory and don't build up line twist. hope it helps.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:45 PM
Typical Buck

tie a swivel about 10 inches about the spinner.