HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Spinners and line twist.
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

I feel for ya..If I had to choose ONE lure to keep from starving..it would be the 3/8 th ounce WHITE Rooster Tail..an inline spinner
and like you..what do ya do about line twist..

You have 2 options..
A. is what I do...fish the spinner until the twisting starts..then tie on a lure that doesn't twist..use it for at least an hour then tie the spinner back on..

B. Buy the tinest swivel you can find..I hate using swivels too..but BASS PRO has some very tiny black ones..

Summary..I LOVE spinners..favorite all purpose bait..I fish with them until the first kink starts..tie on a crankbait or whatever..fish a while until the kinks are out.

Also..after about 5 -7 cast ..let your spinner hang down freely about 3 feet from the tip of the rod and let the spinner unravel itself..this helps alot..I've won all my tournament money using this lure..it catches fish when all else fails..most fish are on the small size but I've lost count of the 5 pounds and plus I've caught on this lure.
I was desperate Sat..and caught 4 decent bass..on the Rooster Tail..It resembles our Gizzard Shad

Fish Caught or Lost on this lure..
A few hundred bass
My biggest cat..15 pounds
Lost a few bass I know would have gone over 10lbs ..hooks are very small } -;
Huge bluegills
Gar
Crappie
Bowfish
Chain Pickeral many
Limits of Sunshine Bass { White Bass Cousin}

Last edited by Chuck7; 05-18-2010 at 11:09 AM.