Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

personal best bass

Old 05-20-2010, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default personal best bass

Fished for a bit today, only had one fish in 2 hours, but it was a decent one. I was slow swimming a Berkely 10" Junebug Powerbait Worm off of a point and felt the tap tap tuuuuuuuuuuug and set the hook on her. She didnt feel big at all, and when she jumped the first time she looked just a little larger than normal, but on her second jump i got to see her sideways and she was a little porker of a bass . Thats when I started to get a little nervous, because she was jumping everywhere. I got her close to the bank and she quickly stripped off some line and dove back down deep in the weeds. I was using 30lb braid and hoisted her out of the slop just in time for her to strip off more drag and go right back down in there. I tightened down the drag and hoisted her out for the second time and landed her with an additional 5 lbs of weeds as well. Put her on the scales and got 4.14 lbs.(personal best for this year). Here she is:

Old 05-21-2010, 12:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Congrats ..
4.14 POUNDS

Now let's turn the picture around a little..{ -;

Last edited by Chuck7; 05-21-2010 at 01:01 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the fish.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

good fish gangly
Old 05-22-2010, 12:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Whoops..I made a mistake..I AM DEADLY is still in 3rd..She is only one ounce from 8 pounds..
Old 05-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats Gangly! Nice fish you have caught there.. I most likely will not be able to catch up to the southern folks. I will see what I can do once June comes around and the bass start heading into the beds though..
Old 05-22-2010, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

nice fish and hey arent you a memebr of bassresource.com i thought i saw a gangley on there and i also saw your titanium spinnerbait question btw my username is senkoman12 its a great site
Old 05-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

nice bass gangley
Old 05-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Marlin, yes, thats me, I frequent that site a lot as well, haha. TONS of great information and very knowledgeable people on that site. However, a few of the people on this site are very knowledgable as well and really helped me out tremendously when i started trying to fish for bass specifically, and so I have grown fairly fond of this section of the site and value the opinions of some of the people who post here. This section is smaller and doesnt have as much flash as ther bass specific sites, but it has quite a few people who have become more than screen names to me and so I always check this site first in the morning

Thanks for all the congrats everybody, I appreciate it.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Gangly
Marlin, yes, thats me, I frequent that site a lot as well, haha. TONS of great information and very knowledgeable people on that site. However, a few of the people on this site are very knowledgable as well and really helped me out tremendously when i started trying to fish for bass specifically, and so I have grown fairly fond of this section of the site and value the opinions of some of the people who post here. This section is smaller and doesnt have as much flash as ther bass specific sites, but it has quite a few people who have become more than screen names to me and so I always check this site first in the morning

Thanks for all the congrats everybody, I appreciate it.
i always check this one first too this one and bassresource.com are both great