Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

New lure...Gulp

Old 08-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New lure...Gulp

Chuck, when I fish down there I would usually lose a worms tail to a dang ole mud fish. I could tell because they don't bite like a bass, they take the worm and just swim with it, no biting at all and the tail usually comes up missing.

Bobby
Old 08-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

I picked up a fishermen fishing off the shore this morning just for the heckof it..He was a new fishermen and Sports Authority equipped him with a light 6 foot rod and reel..His bait was a 7 inch Gulp purple turtle back worm...he was fishing that thing as fast as a Rattle Trap..I showed him how to tie a Palomar not and tried to show him how to bump his worm slow..I had 6 hits with my Gambler and lost only one..He had over 15 hits but caught none..BUT I was amazed of how aggressive the bass were over his worm.Theywere ripping the tails off. I was so impressed I went to Walmart and bought 4 packs of their only color..Junebug..I let him use my medium Team Diawa MH and I was going to show my wife the 7 inch worm.he left on my rod..Well, it's 8:23 and the worm is now 4 inches..it has evaporated.[:-]Yep..the biochemicals desolve in water and the scent is supposed to be 400 times powerful than any bait..It does have an odor..like a can of sardines..I got about 6 bumps today..I'll let you all know how well I do tomorow.I'm fishing the same exact spots...and only using Gulp worms..Top water Trick rig in the wee morning hours and Texas rig / Carolina later ..as usual.They are not cheap..4.98 for 10[&o]
by me they cost like 6 or 7 bucks for 10.

the red also worms very well.
and they smell VERY strong!
Old 08-04-2008, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the exact opposite luck you had. I found them for $2 a pack at Wally World and picked some up last year. 3" Black Leeches work AMAZING for bass and walleye here. My only downside is I'm usually on canoe trips, and I often forget to put the Gulp! back in the bag, and I then end up with it all shrivelled up and hard. I think Gulp! has replaced live bait for me for all open-water fishing.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Dominant Buck

They are really not bad and they do catch fish..I just don't like the mess it leaves on your hands..and the rash it caused..I also don't like that I can't cast the worm hard without the hook cutting through the worm..I also don't like the price..I had 12 bags off of ebay for 2.00 each..I cancelled my order. Too messy and smelly for me..U'm a Gambling man all the way..I have enough Gambler Worms for the next 2 years..These are Gambler Ribbon Tails.