Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Help with Baitcaster --  Pics Included >

Help with Baitcaster -- Pics Included

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Help with Baitcaster -- Pics Included

Old 07-05-2008, 12:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help with Baitcaster -- Pics Included

ORIGINAL: childers

ORIGINAL: grneyemonstr

i have the exact same rod and reel. i use it with great success. I have no idea what the number dial is though i have never adjusted it. i use the small gold nob which is the break. hold the rod stragiht out and turn the knot towards the tip. then slowly turn it towards you until the lure slowly drops. do that for every lure you put on. then like stated above use the side are technique until you are comfortable and make sure you dont use too much thumb pressure when you cast.
the number dial is the setting for how tight the spool is during the cast. typically a rod/reel combo is either going to have a bad rod or reel in it. usually one of them in the combo isnt that great. but not always
The number dial is the magnetic control, the magnetic control puts indirect pressure on the spool so it doesn't over-roate, causing a back lash. The'0' being "free spool" (magnets furthest away from spool)and '10' being magnets closest to spool causing the spool to barely rotate at all....the gold knob on the right side is the tension nut, it's used to put direct pressure on the spool. If I were you, FIRSTI'd tighten the tension nutall the way down, then I'd select the #7 on the magnetic control, THEN push the button and back off the tension nut until your lure barely drops...once it starts dropping, very slowly tighten the tension nut until your lure stops. And as you get better, you can back off the tension nut and drop the magnetic control as well to around 5, I wouldn't go lower than 5 at all, unless your flippin.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

ORIGINAL: childers

ORIGINAL: grneyemonstr

i have the exact same rod and reel. i use it with great success. I have no idea what the number dial is though i have never adjusted it. i use the small gold nob which is the break. hold the rod stragiht out and turn the knot towards the tip. then slowly turn it towards you until the lure slowly drops. do that for every lure you put on. then like stated above use the side are technique until you are comfortable and make sure you dont use too much thumb pressure when you cast.
the number dial is the setting for how tight the spool is during the cast. typically a rod/reel combo is either going to have a bad rod or reel in it. usually one of them in the combo isnt that great. but not always
The number dial is the magnetic control, the magnetic control puts indirect pressure on the spool so it doesn't over-roate, causing a back lash. The'0' being "free spool" (magnets furthest away from spool)and '10' being magnets closest to spool causing the spool to barely rotate at all....the gold knob on the right side is the tension nut, it's used to put direct pressure on the spool. If I were you, FIRSTI'd tighten the tension nutall the way down, then I'd select the #7 on the magnetic control, THEN push the button and back off the tension nut until your lure barely drops...once it starts dropping, very slowly tighten the tension nut until your lure stops. And as you get better, you can back off the tension nut and drop the magnetic control as well to around 5, I wouldn't go lower than 5 at all, unless your flippin.
Thanks after i posted i thought to myself that is really should find out what is is for. I emailed the company because it was bought as a combo and didnt come wiht any instructions. I knew about the tension knob from other baitcasters but none of my previous ones have the number dial. even after getting the manual from the company i was still confused but you cleared it up for me. Thanks
Old 07-23-2008, 01:19 PM

sometimes on the rod reel combo it tells you whats the smallest lure you can use.i had that problem b4 it wouldnt cast until i used a heavier lure.