Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Everything happens for a reason (pics included) >

Everything happens for a reason (pics included)

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Everything happens for a reason (pics included)

Old 12-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Everything happens for a reason (pics included)

Guys,

This past archery season was an odd one for me. My Honey hole was invaded by new hunters and the deer were sparse. On Veteran's Day, my Dad was supposed to come hunt with me. In 3 prior trips to this spot, I saw 0 deer. The day before, I decided to take a midday walk and find him a good tree to setup in a different area of it. As I got to my parking spot, I saw road work signs. Turns out they were working on a gas line right of way and would be there for a few days.

I talked to my Dad and he opted not to drive out because of all the guys that had been in there and the new info I had. I got up early anyway and hunted out of the tree I was going to put him in. I ended up seeing 2 bucks, 1 doe and a coyote. I missed the coyote and 10 minutes later saw a buck that I ended up harvesting.

I kept asking myself, why it didn't work out that he was in that tree. See, my Dad has been hunting for since he was a kid and his next deer would be #50 of his PA hunting career. He was holding out for a buck all archery and the one I shot would have been nice.

First day of PA rifle season rolls around and around 9am my cell phone rings and I see it's my Dad's #. I answered with my customary, 'How big?' and his excited, out of breath voice said it all, 'Den, you're not going to believe how big. He's got mass, and length and width and he's huge.' He proceeded to describe in details the mornings events and I felt like I was right there. Just thought I'd share with the guys I post with here as it started as a story about archery.

Anyway, here is my Dad, with deer #50. 134" of truly beautiful antler.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Everything happens for a reason (pics included)

Ut oh
Old 12-09-2008, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

what's the ut oh for? Posting it in the archery section? If the mods want to move it, I understand. I don't post anywhere else on this board other than the Bowhunting so I thought I'd put it in here.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:50 AM

how dare you put a gun kill on here!!!!!![:@]you are finished!!! j/k

Nice buck brother, congrats!!
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to your dad...
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a really nice buck. 50th deer huh? Thats a nice milestone, congrats to dad!
Old 12-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

what's the ut oh for? Posting it in the archery section? If the mods want to move it, I understand. I don't post anywhere else on this board other than the Bowhunting so I thought I'd put it in here.
Just a little joke with a recent thread here dude. That's all. Lol it doesnt' bother me. Congrats to your dad. Nice buck.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:30 AM
Dominant Buck

No matter the method, thats a nice buck.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to your old man that is a great northeastern buck

Quick Reply: Everything happens for a reason (pics included)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.