Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Big MO buck down (pics included) >

Big MO buck down (pics included)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Big MO buck down (pics included)

Old 10-10-2007, 10:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default Big MO buck down (pics included)

Just thought I would get your attention.

It is the most important buck to me as my time chasing bucks in the woods will be limited this year.

After a long Monday and some complications along the way, my little buck Jackson finally arrived. There were no signs of any foreseen complications throughout the pregnancy and during the weekly checkups leading up to the delivery date. We arrived at the hospital and they hooked my wife up for monitoring and discovered her blood pressure was dangerously high along with the protein count. It was determined that she had preeclampsia. They tried for about an hour to get her BP down with medication but when nothing worked, a swat team of doctors, anesthesialogist, and nurses arrived in the room and said that they were going to do an emergency C-section. They said that she could possibly have a seizure or even a stroke if they proceeded with natural birth. As you can imagine there was a sudden mood change as this was totally unexpected but the doctors said that we would have a baby within 25 minutes.

My wife was still in the labor and deliver recovery section until 11:00PM Tuesday evening. She was loaded up with morphine and magnesium sulfate. We had a couple of visitors throughout the day on Tuesday but she didn't remember talking with them. She is no longer on the drugs although her BP is still elevated. Doctors are still monitoring her closely. She is eating solid foods and doing well now. We will be going home on Saturday for sure but possibly Friday. The doctor is going to tell us more tomorrow morning.

Enough of the bad stuff...Jackson arrived at 8:34PM on Monday 10/08/07. He was 21 1/4 inches long and was 7 lbs. 15 ounces. He has passed all of the tests, i.e. hearing, reflexs, etc... with flying colors so far. All I can say is WOW! If I knew it would be this great I wouldn't have waited so long. Life would be good if I could experience that feeling of seeing him for the first time everyday of my life...excluding all of the complications of course.

Here are a couple of pics of our lil' man. We are very proud and are excited about heading home and getting him in the environment that mom worked so hard in getting ready for him.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Big MO buck down (pics included)

Gut, we had to do an emergency section with our first, the little guy you see to your left in my avatar... I remember watching his heart rate on the monitor go from 150 down to 45 and then our own "swat team" arrived within a couple seconds...

Enjoy this time; it flies by all too quickly!! But I'll tell you a secret: It gets better every day!
Old 10-10-2007, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get that boy a hair cut That is one handsome little guy, congats to you all!!
Old 10-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Bartender

Congrats to you all, get that cardinals out of there though,
Old 10-10-2007, 11:42 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats, They grow up real quick and start bossin ya around
Old 10-11-2007, 03:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

CONGRATULATIONS Gut , He sure is a cute little fella and Greg is right ... it just gets better every day .
Old 10-11-2007, 04:07 AM

Congrats its an exciting time, enjoy it.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:16 AM
Typical Buck

Awesome!!!!!!! Congrats to you both and wishing your wife a speedy recovery. My 2 older daughters were C section and the 2nd 2 natural. C sections are rough.

Time goes way to fast, that's for sure. Enjoy that baby boy as much as you can, it won't be long and you'll look back wondering where the time went.......

Congrats again and God Bless!!!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations! That's a good lookin' baby. There's nothing like it, is there?
Old 10-11-2007, 05:02 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats. We went through the same thing with our first. Holy nerve racking. Looks like you got five fingers and toes there, and one healthy child. Now why does he not have an orange hat on??? Congrats again. Kids are a real blessing.

Quick Reply: Big MO buck down (pics included)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.