Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Found a new spot yesterday and guess what!!! >

Found a new spot yesterday and guess what!!!

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Found a new spot yesterday and guess what!!!

Old 04-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default Found a new spot yesterday and guess what!!!

I've passed this spot hundreds of times over the last 2 years and kept saying to myself, "hmmm...wonder if there are any fish in there". Its set off about 1/2 a mile from the road. Well yesterday evening I went there and fished for about 30 mins then it got dark on me. Today I vowed to go straight there after work and that's what I did. Fished the little lake for about 3 hours throwing a plastic worm and a white spinnerbait. Well throwing the spinnerbait andabout 45 minutes before dark this guy hits it. Keep in mind that this is my first year fishing for bass only and I'm still learning how to set the hook and accurately cast. Anyway, this guy hits the spinnerbait and I set the hook. I have NEVER caught a fish on an artificial lure so that's got me pumped anyway. But I land this guy and could only thank the LORD. Thanks to Chuck7 and all of you guys for answering all of my questions. I'm literally just as pumped as when I harvested my first buck (and that was years ago). Here's a picture. Not a big one by any stretch of the imagination but I'm tickled pink.No need to ask where I'll be tomorrow...and the day afterOh yeah, and in case you're wondering...I released him after taking a few pictures. Ya'll take care, and thanks again.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Found a new spot yesterday and guess what!!!

Nice fish. Congrats.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Typical Buck

I'm jealous. Now I want to go fishing congrats man, hopefully more "artificial" fish to come
Old 04-09-2008, 04:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats and keep at them that's how you learn and by trying different things can change your success as well..