Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Went Hawg Wild Today... >

Went Hawg Wild Today...

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Went Hawg Wild Today...

Old 07-27-2007, 08:13 PM

Default RE: Went Hawg Wild Today...

Thats it Chuck i have come to the conclusion that u must be cheating!! There is no way u can catch that many big bass that often, u must know how to speak the BIG BASS language, what do u do stick your head under the water and just convince them to bite your lure.....Congrats on the monsters
Old 07-28-2007, 02:46 AM
Dominant Buck

No sir.central Florida is the bass capitol of the world. This is the best bass fishing year I've ever had.
Have a great day everyone,
Chuck7

Old 07-28-2007, 09:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have a pic inthe camera and will try and get my stepson to get it out and send to me this evening so I can post it. So as we say the tourney continues into another round.. It is not a big one but it is 2 lbs 3ozs.. Hopefully it will be posted this evening,if not it will be before July runs out...
Old 07-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Sounds good Phil...

Old 07-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice fish but who's the ugly guy? I miss bass fishing but bow season is starting sept. 1 and start chasing some elk.[8D]
Chuck, I just talked my brother and brother n law went to Locahatchee management preserve (?) today and they said it was so hot but my brother did catch a 4.7 lb bass useing a gold back rapala but night fishing would be the best being so hot. I usually did pretty good night fishing using a fire tiger zara spook on heavey pound test line and hang on.
Good luck.

Bobby
Old 07-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes sir,
We have a man here that runs a tackle shop..He catches lots of hawgs...he only fishes night time rxcept when tournament fishing.
I may give it a try in August.I've gone some and it is fun.
C7

PS The ugly guy is me.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

I never caught any hogs today that is for sure, butI did have a brute break my fish hook in half today.... AndI have found something that is deffinately different about fishing those largemouths today. They like water that is very shallow...
Old 07-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Dominant Buck

They like water that is very shallow... Phil

!!!! That is true..It's very hot here in Florida and I wasted 2 hours Friday drifting around in the deep only to learn they were in the shallows..even in this heat..
Old 07-29-2007, 07:01 PM

hey chuck,
explain the pan-fried trout. I've never fixed any trout that were any good. I bet you know something I dont
Old 07-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Dominant Buck

hey chuck,
explain the pan-fried trout. I've never fixed any trout that were any good. I bet you know something I dont

WOW ...what kind of trout have you eatten that were not any good ? I mostly deep fry all of my fish EXCEPT freshwater trout. I've onlt eatten rainbows, browns and brooks.

I simply scale, gut and cut off the heads. Then, I dredge them through a flour mixture of paparika, salt and pepper. It's been a while bu tI may have used margerine in a small cast iron skillet. Fry on medium. Brown oin both sides and serve with lemon wedges.

We don't have any trout streams in central Florida though. I'm frying bluegill fileets tomorrow for dinner. I deep fry them in peanut oil.He keeps a hotter temperature without scorching. Also , I mix 50% cornmeal with them.

When I fix crappie..I saok those fillets in buttermilk over night..It somehow firms the flesh really good. I dredge them through flour and corn meal as well. Below are some crappie fillets.
C7

Quick Reply: Went Hawg Wild Today...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.