Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Went Hawg Wild Today... >

Went Hawg Wild Today...

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Went Hawg Wild Today...

Old 07-27-2007, 09:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Went Hawg Wild Today...

Well,
Three days before the full moon and they were on. Here;s my best three that didn't get away.Roda were leaving the boat today.
Phil..your in luck my friend..My biggest rubber worm fish was 1 pound.

Ok this first one is 5 1/2 pounds..

This next guy is 6 pounds even..

and this baby is 8 pounds even..

I thank God for such a wonderful outing.
Chuck7

Old 07-27-2007, 12:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Went Hawg Wild Today...

WTG BRO.....Congrat's
Old 07-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice fish chuck
Old 07-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks fellows,
Rebel Hog...you are always invited to fish with me... if you and your son would like directions I would be glad to draw you a simple detailed map. The place is only about 3 miles off of I-4 .The tackle shop is also very close.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

great looking fish you have there Chuck..., I have never caught any that size. I hope to get a pic up tommorrow evening even if it is a small one so the next month can proceed Congrats again my friend..
Old 07-27-2007, 07:05 PM
Dominant Buck

I thoiught abut you today Phil.Next month will be a challenge. I fished a rubber worm the entire time.I caught one bass that may have gone one pound.Those Maine smallmouth are pretty chunky..you may get me. It will be fun.
Chuck7

In August...I won't be fishing Lake Fish Hook..Instead I'll be fishing Saddle Creek...an ok rubber worm spot..Hydrilla city and jon boat access only. Should be fun.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, Chuck... I've never even SEEN a bass that big, and I've been fishing over 50 years...

I may have to come down and have you show me some of those Florida hogs sometime...

We have some pretty chunky smallmouths here in the Finger Lakes..If you ever get up to visit your lovely bride's relatives I'd be glad to take you out...

You won't see any 6 or 8 pounders, tho...

However I COULD probably put you on some nice lake trout, since you like to eat trout so much... ...
Old 07-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Dominant Buck

I appreciate that Pigmy..Diffently if you are in the area stop by. The lake is strictly catch and release .During the spawn there were many bass over 10..There is not a lot of structure ..just various water depths up to 35 feet.

PS I love trout and would trade bass fishing anyday for a plate of pan fried trout.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck looks like a good day congrats buddy definetly havin more luck with the biguns then we are we missed two sailfish yesterday in a 45 minute span

I dont know how this would work down there but we get those 11 in worms and put them n a hook without lead to fish thick grass so you may be able to do that at the edge of the hydrilla just let her fall slow and twich it every now and again
Old 07-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Chuck looks like a good day congrats buddy definetly havin more luck with the biguns then we are we missed two sailfish yesterday in a 45 minute span WOW!!!! Sailfish..that would be a blast..!! I lost about 3 more..As soon as I would turn my head wham, smack the rod would be leaving .I had a 4 pounder at the boat that got off and I lost a few more.

I dont know how this would work down there but we get those 11 in worms and put them n a hook without lead to fish thick grass so you may be able to do that at the edge of the hydrilla just let her fall slow and twich it every now and again ..That's my plan for August..shhhWeight less worm slowly dangling in the hydrilla. There is hardly any pressure where I plan to go,,,and if they still won't bite...It will have to be night fishing...little scary in Florida but the action triples ..and so does the size. Fish Hook would be worth Carolining down the middle with the wind...possibly a trick worm as well.
c7

Quick Reply: Went Hawg Wild Today...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.