Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

fast bite!!

Old 06-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default fast bite!!

I just got back from setting some YO-YO's at a river near my house baited with bluegill. I found a nice looking spot and started letting my baited hook down into the water and started to tie it off to a branch. I had just got my knot looped and was about ready to tighten it, when all of a sudden the string was pulled from my fingers because a nice 5-6# channel had already found the bait and tightned the knot for me. Pretty crazy or lucky if you ask me. I bet I never put the bait on before I tie it off again.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: fast bite!!

Nearly the same thing happened to me some years ago. I was setting jugs out in a pond to see if the channels that were stocked had made it. I was baiting all the jugs and letting the lines hang out of the boat so that I could just paddle around dropping them off when one jug then another and another jumped out of the boat and took off skiing across the water. It took me a few seconds to figure it out then I dropped out all the rest and went after the jugs with 3 to 4 lb.ers towing them everywhere. That was fun!