Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Yikes..I'm in trouble >

Yikes..I'm in trouble

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Yikes..I'm in trouble

Old 02-24-2007, 02:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Yikes..I'm in trouble

Bobby just joined and wrote this note to Josh...note the part I highlighted in red.

Josh, if its not too late sign me up. I'll be leaving montana for my annual fishing trip with my brother in fla. on may 25 for 2 weeks. Thats all the bass fishing I can really do is when I'm down there but he has a Bass Tracker and we're fishing farm 13 in fellsmere before we go to the Monkey box at Lake Ockachobee. We're in some big bass country but the weather is so dang hot and humid, but thats all we do for about 10 days is fish hard and long.

Bobby

Those are 2 HOT spots in Florida for a guarantee great bass. ..especially Farm 13 Stick Marsh.

Looky here...

"It has been said many times that more bass over ten pounds are caught from Stick Marsh and Farm 13 than the rest of the state of Florida waters totaled together. In the last catching survey performed by the state Stick Marsh and Farm 13 had the best catch rate in the state of Florida- they more than doubled what was in second place.
A good time to come to Stick Marsh and Farm 13 is any time you can get there. The lakes will always produce bass. And the possibility of catching a Monster Florida bass is real. The Monster Bass are in the lakes and they are not going any where. The lakes are catch and release. All the bass do is get larger. A bad day at Stick Marsh and Farm 13 is better than a real good day any where else!
All photos are of Hugh Crumpler's clients with bass caught on guide trips or photos of Hugh Crumpler. Hugh Crumpler's website is: www.HughCrumpler.Com and his e-mail is [email protected]."

Old 02-24-2007, 07:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Yikes..I'm in trouble

Yeah, up this way we never see bass get that big as a rule but, the tourney will still be a lot of fun. After seeing those gators down there no wonder why those bass get so big! They have to in order to get away from them!Good Luck in the tourney!
Old 02-24-2007, 08:35 AM

what a beauty!
Old 02-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Northern bass will never get that size... [:-]
Old 02-24-2007, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

You bet your in trouble. Thing about it is, by the time I get there the females will be spawned out. The last two years I been there it was in july of 05' and 06', and bloody hot and humid. Useing artificals we picked up bass up to 6 plus #'s. Last year we couldn't fish ockachobee because of the hurricanes so we fished west lake tohapalaka (sp) in the kissimee chain of lakes and we got about 13 #'s each. We have a tornament between us and have a 14" being minimum and it must be caught on artificial. It is like a life and death situation between us fishing and I swear he just may get his arse knocked off the boat this year. I fouled hook a bass last year that went 5#'s and he said snagging doesn't count. I told him I wasn't snagging but it was a fouled hook using a 1/2 ounce blue back rattle trap. We have big $ on each catagory each day and the last 3 years I have the big bass each year beating him in his own back yard. Loseing the money is no big deal but bragging rights for the next year are stake here.[:-]

Chuck, your only a couple of hours of Okachobee and Farm 13, you surprise me you haven't chequed it out yet.

Bobby
Old 02-24-2007, 07:41 PM
Dominant Buck

You bet your in trouble. Thing about it is, by the time I get there the females will be spawned out.Yes they will but you should still do good. The last two years I been there it was in july of 05' and 06', and bloody hot and humid. Useing artificals we picked up bass up to 6 plus #'s. Last year we couldn't fish ockachobee because of the hurricanes so we fished west lake tohapalaka Toho is hot as well .(sp) in the kissimee chain of lakes and we got about 13 #'s each. We have a tornament between us and have a 14" being minimum and it must be caught on artificial. It is like a life and death situation between us fishing and I swear he just may get his arse knocked off the boat this year. I fouled hook a bass last year that went 5#'s and he said snagging doesn't count. I told him I wasn't snagging but it was a fouled hook using a 1/2 ounce blue back rattle trap. We have big $ on each catagory each day and the last 3 years I have the big bass each year beating him in his own back yard. Loseing the money is no big deal but bragging rights for the next year are stake here.[:-] I hear that..

Chuck, your only a couple of hours of Okachobee and Farm 13, you surprise me you haven't chequed it out yet. My boat is too small..10 foot jon boat. I do have some decent places around here. Tenoroc is always ranked within the top 10 of Florida and it's only 6 miles away. I fish it. Kissimmee and Toho are within 35..I've fished the Kissimmee River. But Tenoroc is my favorite. It's catch and release and there is a boat limit. They have about 15 different lakes. I would like to fish farm 13 though or Stick Marsh.Is it ok with a jon boat there.? Tenoroc is an old mining place. The lakes/ pits are full of islands where one can find shelter from the wind.
Good luck ...
Old 02-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Dominant Buck

GOOD GRIEF!!! I checked it out on my Florida atlas..that darn place is right down the roadf from me..It's not far from Kissimmee. I'll be going real soon. It's right on highway 60 which is 10 miles from me. 60 goes through Lake Wales,,,over th eKissimmee River and straight toward Stick Marsh..
Yeah..I'll be a checking her out...and real soon.2 hour drive