Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Jon boat?

Old 05-12-2006, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

Default Jon boat?

I was thinkin' of gettin a boat for my son and I to fish together. The Rangers and such are wayyyy out of my price range. Has anyone used one of those bass pro jon boat packages that run about9 thou? Do they hold up and are they safe?or is there a better boat for the money out there?here is the link to what I'm lookin at: http://www.trackerboats.com/boat/index.cfm?boat=1910

Thanks for your help.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Jon boat?

Looks great to me!!!
C7
Old 05-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

big papa, it really depends on what you want to do, if all you ever do is fun fish you would be fine. the biggest factor i can see in the purchase of a boat is what conditons you'll be in, i'm sure if you and your son are thinking of tournament fishing and some of the conditions you'll face you would want to be as safe as you can, the boat you show would be great, just be very respectful of the conditions, i have fished in everything from a canoe to 22 foot bass boats and 35 foot deep sea boats and up, act stupid. die stupid, given the respect and conditons what they demand and you'll be fine, not sure, but for 9000 i believe you could get more boat (used), thegreat advantage to the smaller boats, you can go where 95% of the big bass boats cant, you'll find peace and enjoy it more than you could imagine away from the rat race...

best of luck and there is nothing wrong with the boat your looking at, years ago i had a bass traker tournament TX 17, it was a great little boat,caught a bunch of fish from it, i just had to have a bigger rig to fish tournaments out of, hope this help you

keith
Old 05-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would go with it, it would be a great buy and it will last you along time, probably have to replace the boat before the motor, those mercurys last a long time. I have a 1981 mercury 90 hp 2 stroke thats still kickin, starts up every time.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

i will tell yu htis much tracker boats are great
Old 05-12-2006, 11:22 PM
Typical Buck

The tracker line of boats is pretty good. At 16' and 54" wide, you might consider going with a 40 horse motor. The suggestion to look at used boats might be a little easier on your pocketbook too.

GH
Old 05-13-2006, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

tracker aluminum boats are very durable and I feel they are safest and best built aluminum boats ever made, they are tougher then any fiberglass boat such as ranger or triton. they may not ride as smooth as the heavier hulled fiber glass boats but they will deffinately take a beating. I actually ordered my second tracker boat 2 weeks ago. I have a 1999 pro team 175 and in a week or so my new super guide 14 should be here, Im getting the super guide for the smaller lakes around here thats have a 10 hp maximum restriction. I think you will be pleased with a tracker
Old 05-13-2006, 07:20 AM
Typical Buck

Many of you mentioned looking at used boats. Is there a place you would suggest looking? On line or just check local marinas?
Old 05-13-2006, 08:25 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bigpapa

I was thinkin' of gettin a boat for my son and I to fish together. The Rangers and such are wayyyy out of my price range. Has anyone used one of those bass pro jon boat packages that run about9 thou? Do they hold up and are they safe?or is there a better boat for the money out there?here is the link to what I'm lookin at: http://www.trackerboats.com/boat/index.cfm?boat=1910

Thanks for your help.
What ever Aluminum boat make sure it's welded and not rivited. I have a 14'Jon,

Old 05-14-2006, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

What type of motor you got on that thing Reb.?

Quick Reply: Jon boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.