HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Jon boat?
Thread: Jon boat?
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 03:31 PM
m.t.hands
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Jon boat?

big papa, it really depends on what you want to do, if all you ever do is fun fish you would be fine. the biggest factor i can see in the purchase of a boat is what conditons you'll be in, i'm sure if you and your son are thinking of tournament fishing and some of the conditions you'll face you would want to be as safe as you can, the boat you show would be great, just be very respectful of the conditions, i have fished in everything from a canoe to 22 foot bass boats and 35 foot deep sea boats and up, act stupid. die stupid, given the respect and conditons what they demand and you'll be fine, not sure, but for 9000 i believe you could get more boat (used), thegreat advantage to the smaller boats, you can go where 95% of the big bass boats cant, you'll find peace and enjoy it more than you could imagine away from the rat race...

best of luck and there is nothing wrong with the boat your looking at, years ago i had a bass traker tournament TX 17, it was a great little boat,caught a bunch of fish from it, i just had to have a bigger rig to fish tournaments out of, hope this help you

keith