Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Dura-Coat Camo

Old 03-20-2005, 10:49 AM

Default Dura-Coat Camo

I am thinking of having my new turkey gun " dipped " for lack of a better term. I know Bell and Carlson offers this service. Has anyone had any experience with this procedure? Any problems?
Old 03-24-2005, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Dura-Coat Camo

I have had several guns "Dipped" by Duracoat in Columbus, GA. The place is actually a few miles from my house. I am 110% pleased. It is extremely durable.
Here's a link.

http://www.duracoatinc.com/
Old 03-27-2005, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jdreddish

I have had several guns "Dipped" by Duracoat in Columbus, GA. The place is actually a few miles from my house. I am 110% pleased. It is extremely durable.
Here's a link.

http://www.duracoatinc.com/
thanks for the link!!!!!! My buddy called Friday, looks like we'll be sending 2 guns out this week to get done. We just bought 2 CVA Optima Pro's and were gonna get them coated and see how it turns out!
Old 03-28-2005, 06:42 PM

thanks for the link my be the solution to my blued win 70 and dan wesson pistol pack problems.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

They have the stock off of my new A-Bolt Stainless Stalker. I'm having it dipped in New Mossy Oak Breakup 3D. I'll post some pics when I get it back.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:51 AM
bigcountry

I wonder if this coating is as durable as say factory remington, or browning shotguns? Anyone know?

Old 03-30-2005, 07:20 AM

I paint mine using Krylon paint - it's pretty durable and when it does need touch up it's easy to do. The cost is a LOT less.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

I can tell you first hand. It is the same process that they use on new firearms. I have had several guns dipped and so has my father, my friend is taking his Glock by there today. I took a key and tried scratch the stock (synthetic) of one I had dipped a few years ago, just wanted to "test" it. I could not scratch it, it just made marks in the plastic.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

here is a pic of the stock after it was camo dipped.

Old 04-19-2005, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rick_reno

I paint mine using Krylon paint - it's pretty durable and when it does need touch up it's easy to do. The cost is a LOT less.

WOW!!! How do you argue with that???? Let's see JDreddish probably spent ~ $700-900 on his Browning, and then he's gonna use Krylon on it!!! hmmmmmm (I think I would go with the $200 to get it done right)

Quick Reply: Dura-Coat Camo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.