Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Dura-Coat Camo

Old 04-19-2005, 01:32 PM

Default RE: Dura-Coat Camo

WOW!!! How do you argue with that???? Let's see JDreddish probably spent ~ $700-900 on his Browning, and then he's gonna use Krylon on it!!! hmmmmmm (I think I would go with the $200 to get it done right)
I've done it on a few Sako rifles - I'm pretty sure they cost more than that Browning. The paint does the job, it doesn't cost $200 and I can touch it up at home - How do you argue with that!
Old 04-19-2005, 03:01 PM
bigcountry

How do you argue with that!
Yea, Mossy, how can ya

I mean that makes perfect sense.

Old 04-19-2005, 03:03 PM
bigcountry

Boy, I like the look at that chartreuse, I am just tempted to go and spray all my rifles and even pistols with this krylon.

Old 04-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rick_reno

I've done it on a few Sako rifles - I'm pretty sure they cost more than that Browning. The paint does the job, it doesn't cost $200 and I can touch it up at home - How do you argue with that!
dude, I dont care if you did it on a $6000 lazzeroni or a $200 Remington, spray paint is............well FREAKING SPRAY PAINT!!!!!!!!!!

(I bet he used the same can to paint his 78 Ford Grenada too!!!!)
Old 04-19-2005, 04:36 PM

I have a BAR that was factory dipped. It handles great and has been super so far in resisting scratches.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:42 PM

Has anyone here tried having a scope dipped? The website says at owner's risk. Hmmmm. Sounds ominous.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:40 PM
bigcountry

Better make sure its waterproof. I say if you going to have a scope dipped, just dip it in water before sending it out. That way if there is leaks you can send it back to leupold or whoever.

Old 04-19-2005, 11:35 PM
Fork Horn

The stock cost me nothing to have dipped, so Krylon would have been the more expensive route, putting me in he hole $2.97

I had 2 scopes dipped. The first to kinda "test" the waters......err dip rather. It was a Simmons Pro 50. Came out perfect w/ no problems. The second one was a Leupold Vari-X II 4-12X40AO, same thing...came out looking great never had any problems w/ it.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:46 AM

Sorry - I don't paint my cars.

What's the purpose of camo'ing a rifle? My view it's to break up the pattern. You can do it for $200, or you can do it for $5 - I assure you the amount of money you choose to spend doesn't make any difference to the animals we hunt. It obviously makes a big difference to some folks here...
Old 04-20-2005, 01:35 AM

I don't think I could bring my self to spray paint any of my guns. When I used camo tape on my nova for turkey season I couldn't bring myself to put tape on anything that wasn't synthetic, i.e. the stock and forarm is all I taped up. If you spray paint a gun you have de-valued it a great deal. If you have it diped you have perhaps raised the value. So, I would say that the cost of the spray paint may be only $5 but the cost of lost value would be much more. Depending on the value of the gun to start with the value could drop as much as the cost of the dipping. If I had an old beat up gun with a bad finish and the stock's finsh was in poor shape well then I would consider the "RED GREEN SPRAY PAINT SPECIAL" otherwise I am going to invest in my gun not ruin it.

Quick Reply: Dura-Coat Camo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.