Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Wal Mart?

Old 06-06-2004, 05:21 PM

Default RE: Wal Mart?

when all thats left is wallymart..... if they dont have it.. you wont get it.. including knowledge and advice.
Old 06-06-2004, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Geeeez...After reading all the post's here...in some of ya'll's opinion...I should only buy at the High priced store's...Is it still O.K. to stop at Safeway....or should I only shop at the Mom & Pop store's..??...Cummon....Gimme a break. Here most of the local store owner's live better than the President. Wally Word here employe's lot of people, where there's no other place that'll hire em...unless your related. Let's see....Unemployement's up to around 17% here..."Thank's to tree huger's...and Canadian lumber"....So thank's to Wall-Mart..more family here don't have to loose everything they worked hard for all their life.
Old 06-07-2004, 06:46 AM

Take your gun to WalMart because you wanted to get something fixed on it and see what they say, just like trying to get a tire fixed,buy a new one. There is no professinoal there to help you,you get what you pay for,remember always FALLING PRICES,boy what a joke,check your prices sometime and just watch,not any better than any where else.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:53 AM

I've got my own beef with Wally World. I dated a chick who worked on the sporting goods counter at one. What was I thinking! Thats it, I've vented.
Old 06-07-2004, 03:41 PM

If Wal-Mart is cutting prices everyday, how come nothing is free yet?
Old 06-07-2004, 04:24 PM
bigcountry

TupeloSGA, I will debate with ya some on the woman at the counter part. You may be knowledgable in guns, whatever. Nobodies not saying that. But just because you are doesn't mean a vast majority of women are.

I mean i am a fiber optic engineer that came from the coal mines of Ky. If some indian, or chinese engineer said, "well you talked to a eastern Ky about optics, thats your problem", I wouldn't be too offended. In fact I would understand. Its an extreme rarity to find a fiber optic supposed "expert" from the coal mines of eastern Ky. And the chances of getting "right" advise about propagation of a pulse down 1200KM of NDSF is much greater with an Chinese engineer working in the US than one from Ky. But it doesn't mean I can't answer the question, and that sure doens't mean any engineer from Ky could answer it. I mean all rattlesnakes won't bite ya. But its the majority of them that give them the bad name. Statistically speaking, I bet a persons chance of getting good gun advise from a women at walmart would be significantly lower than a man. Just talking the truth here.

Its good to see ya in the "hunting" game. I wish more would follow your example. I believe if my wife would have took up the interest, I wouldn't have gotten a divorce.

Old 06-07-2004, 04:28 PM
bigcountry

Bowshooter48, I heard the exact same thing from a gunstore here in MD called Clydes. So I bought a remington 700. Shot horribly. Roughest barrel I ever seen. Took back to the local gunshop, Clydes and asked if they could make good on it or fix. Looked me dead in the eye, one week after telling me that I would have been sorry if I needed service if I bought that gun at Bass pro, and told me, well, all I can do is give you remington's customer service number and you take care of it. Now what differece would that had been if I got it at wally world. In fact if the local gunshop is not a Remington certified service center, then there is nothing he could do.

Old 06-07-2004, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well...on mt Charle'sDaly 12 ga. auto that I bought from Wally World...I also got a life time warrenty with it....not sure how many other gun maker's hand out one of those along with a purchace.....they also pay for all the shipping..
Old 06-09-2004, 12:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gotta love an old coal miner... God bless us....
Old 06-09-2004, 07:21 AM
bigcountry

Doe Dumper, I am going to share a secret with ya. I don't think I am capable of entering that pit again. A lot of layoff happening here in MD. So my brother laughs and says, guess you might be coming back to WV/Ky. He is Human resources at Massey. So he says I will put ya back underground as an electrician. But I am way too soft these days. Its been over a decade since I worked underground shoveling belt. I went in with him at Easter just messin around. And my back was hurtin just walking around takin a looksee. What can I say, I turned soft.

Quick Reply: Wal Mart?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.