Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Wal Mart?

Old 06-16-2004, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wal Mart?

I work for Massey as well big. I'm just in the trucking part now. I haul on a strip mine in Boone County now.....I agree with you...underground is a tough way to make a living. These old miners have always been my heroes. I couldnt do it for a career but it got us through some tough times.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:13 PM

Hey blue, go to the local shops and tell them what wally world is offering and see what they are willing to do for you. If they are willing to come close give them your business, also the small guys will ussually give you 100% trade in if you trade it where you bought it with-in 3-6 months. Wally sure wont do that for you. But.. if you can save $75+ or get ignorant people at the small shop, think about buying from wally.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:44 PM

Just like the Alan Jackson song Little man Walmart is not hurting for money and you not buying a gun from them won't shut their doors. but you not buying from a local shop could shut their doors! where do you want your money to go? I would pay a little more!!
Old 06-20-2004, 10:05 PM

A few years ago I purchased a x-bow from Walmart because I was getting a good deal because my nephew worked there.( got his discount)

I wanted to buy a new gun so I went to my cousin the gun dealer. Before I could open his book, he showed me the picture of the buck he had taken with his x-bow. I ask him what kind he had...I said same as mine.... he laughed and said same model different bow. I was amazed in the differances in my bow and his. I ask how could this be...he said stores like Walmart get x-bows and guns with different componants. That's why they can sell them for less money.

I hope this helps I see no reason he would lie to me.

ubub
Old 06-21-2004, 06:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: blue5

Wal Mart can order me a Tikka T3 in 300 wsm for 480$ is this a good price?
Don't know!! What is the MSRP on this gun??

Is there anything wrong with Wal Mart Guns?
NO! They're the same guns, if the manufacturer and model number are the same.

How much should I expect to pay at a gun shop?
Depends on the gunshop! You'll have to ask to know. In the '60's, when I worked in a gunshop, we bought M94 Winchesters for $25.00 and sold them for $84.95!! Over 200% markup!
Old 06-22-2004, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I bought a supershadow a few months back and really got tired of that stock and no floorplate. I called Winchester parts to get a featherweight stock and floorplate. When I told the woman at the other end what I was going to do she remarked "Oh that is a Walmart Gun other model 70 parts won't fit". Well in a nutshell she was way wrong.. Finished rifle is best looking model 70 featherweight I have seen to date.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:18 AM
bigcountry

Ok, I take back my first post supporting walmart. Screw em.

Went to Walmart to get some 777 and pyrodex. Said they probably won't be carrying it due to its accessable to children anymore.

Ok, they did a great job out of knocking out every local gunshop, local market, toy store, even greenhouses. Now its thier job, to keep thier customers with the products they used to be able to get. A bait and switch, if you ask me.

Old 06-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I ask how could this be...he said stores like Walmart get x-bows and guns with different componants. That's why they can sell them for less money.
This is unmittigated horse $&*t. I have heard this nonsense for years and it is simply a lie told by sporting goods stores to try and scare people away from Wal-Mart . If you think for a minute that Ruger, Winchester, Berretta or Remington is going to produce a crappier version of one of their guns just for Wal-Mart then I've got some farm land in the Everglades to sell you. No matter where the gun comes from its still Ruger, Winchester, Berretta and Remingtons name on the side of it. It will still be their reputation trashed if the gun sucks, not Wal-Mart. It will still be their customer service department that has to deal with the pissed off buyers returning their guns for exchange or repair. No way in hell would they do this. Besides I have compared guns purchased at Wal-Mart and local gun shops and there is no difference in features or performance.

Wal-Mart can sell so cheap simply because they buy in "HUGE" volume compared to smaller stores. Call to order ten Remington 870 pump shotguns and you won't get much of a deal. Call up to order 20,000 of them and they will cut you a helluva deal.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

That farmland in the everglades......lmaoo if its fish or deer I may be interested...
Old 06-27-2004, 12:02 AM

Ok, I take back my first post supporting walmart. Screw em.

Went to Walmart to get some 777 and pyrodex. Said they probably won't be carrying it due to its accessable to children anymore.

Ok, they did a great job out of knocking out every local gunshop, local market, toy store, even greenhouses. Now its thier job, to keep thier customers with the products they used to be able to get. A bait and switch, if you ask

You sure that it may not have something to do with your state??

Quick Reply: Wal Mart?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.