Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Browning Micro Hunter

Old 04-22-2004, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Browning Micro Hunter

What does everyone think of this rifle? is it a accurate well built rifle? Do they shoot good???
Old 04-22-2004, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Browning Micro Hunter

Yes to both questions. Everyone I know that has one absolutely loves them. Very handy rifle and great in a treestand.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:11 PM

Ditto on oldelkhunter's post. The only thing that I would add is to check how the rifle fits you. Like most carbine's the stock's length of pull the slightly shorter than standard.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't own one but my brother does. All I can say it is one sweet setup. Try one on for size, and remember to consider whatever clothes you'll be wearing while hunting. I think a lot of guys hunt with rifles too long of pull, once they are wearing hunting clothes.

Leave the gun in firing position and work the action, don't take the gun off your shoulder. As you raise your right hand (palm side up) to grasp the bolt, the bolt should be contact your palm so your fingers can curl easily around it. You should also be able to work the bolt back to the end of its stroke without pulling your face out of the way.

And then, it has to generally feel good to you. After that, you're a long ways toward having a rifle you'll be able to handle well in hunting situations. That micro hunter fits me just about perfectly, may heave to get one some day.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:18 AM

You should also be able to work the bolt back to the end of its stroke without pulling your face out of the way.
I hope you're talking about short actions there. I've never found a rifle with a long action, much less a magnum or um action that I could do that and still reach the trigger when shouldered. I tried it once with a .270 and the end of the bolt smacked my nose hard enough to make my eyes water. Some lessons just have to be learned the hard way.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's funny (not humorous, but strange), I don't seem to have that problem, even when using irons instead of a scope. I'll have to try it tonight and see where the end of the bolt is in relation to my nose/face, on a couple of different bolt actions. Maybe I shift my head subconsciously? Anyway, I do know that I see a lot of guys have difficulty working the action without taking the gun off their shoulder. That's not good for quick follow-up shots.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

deerslayer - I got one of these little honeys last year in 7mm-08. I love it. Its light and accurate. Put a Leupold compact scope on it and it is a sweet little set-up. I also like the 60 degree bolt throw and the detatchable magazine.