Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

best gun brand?

Old 04-11-2004, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: best gun brand?

I would have to say remington and also ruger.
Old 04-11-2004, 04:34 PM

Remington and Browning are my picks, they've both got a gun for everything
Old 04-11-2004, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say that in terms of value, I'd rate them Savage then Ruger. Savage has really given the other manufacturers a run for their money of late because they offer high dollar features (button rifling, free floated barrels, pillar bedded stocks, etc...) on their rifles at bargain prices. They aren't the prettiest rifles to look at but they definately have it where it counts. Savage rifles have a widespread and well deserved reputation for outstanding accuracy. Sub-MOA groups are common with sporter weight Savage rifles. Savage also offers by far the finest factor trigger system on any production rifle costing less than $1000. The Accu-Trigger is well worth the roughly $75 price increase in all so equipped rifles, and the trigger is now available on almost all of the Savage centerfire models.

Ruger is my choice for second place in terms of quality for the money. I love my Ruger M77VT. Ruger used to have a reputation for hit-or-miss accuracy (pun intended), which was caused by Ruger contracting out barrel production to other companies that produced sub-standard barrels. Ruger has since begun producing all their own barrels in house to much higher quality control standards, and the accuracy issues seem to be a thing of the past. My rifle shoots consistant .75MOA or less, and has had groups as small as 0.10MOA at 200 yards shooting handloads. All Ruger M77 MkII rifles also come with factory milled scope mounts in the receivers and a set of matching rings.

My only word of warning is DO NOT BUY A REMINGTON 710, no mater how cheap it is. They are absolute JUNK and not worth 10% of their asking price. If you fail to heed this warning then be prepared for an "I told you so" from me!

Good luck with whatever rifle you choose.

Mike
Old 04-13-2004, 10:48 AM

remington shotguns and savage rifles
Old 04-23-2004, 08:17 PM

You, Me and Bocephus. Arrange it. Let me know when, where, what guns, etc.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:23 PM

Did you used to be on Marlin Talk? Thanks for your input. I like Ruger. Don't know why.
Old 04-24-2004, 05:59 AM

Ruger, but I also own Savage . It is like Chevrolets ,Fords and Dodge, Brunets Redheads,and Blonds,some are good and some are not. The best brand is the one you like.
Old 04-24-2004, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowshooter48

It is like Chevrolets ,Fords and Dodge, Brunets Redheads,and Blonds,some are good and some are not. The best brand is the one you like.
well said. i personally like remington. i think they are a tough gun. my 870 has made it through some tough stuff. i also think the barrel has a good strong finish on it b/c it has no scratches and i am the pusher for our group of hunters and we hunt through thick ****.

i have seen all kinds of guns break for odd reasons and i think it is just b/c they got an unlucky model off the line. most guns are starting to improve rather than decline.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:32 AM

If you want a nice rifle get a Kimber.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

For shotgun I like Remington and for rifle I like Winchester.

Quick Reply: best gun brand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.