Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

This really sucks

Old 03-25-2004, 08:19 PM

Default This really sucks

I have posted about ten different things on what shotgun is good, well i think that this is the last one, becasue wednesday i go to get one at cabelas. I know that i do not want a remington. I have 500 maybe 600 dollars to spend on a gun. I need some advise browning, benelli, beretta (if there is a cheap enough one), franchi, ithica, anything that makes a good pump or auto-loader. This is so frustrating becasue i will narow it down and then more will pop up. I didnt know picking out a gun would be so hard to do, I will mainly hunt turkey, but sume upland and waterfowl maybe.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:10 AM

Default RE: This really sucks

All I can say is, Benelli Nova.
Old 03-28-2004, 08:20 PM

Sorry steve, that's how it goes. I had my eye on a Win autoloader, and then decided that maybe I wanted an O/U instead, and still haven't bought one or the other. If all you want is a functional but inexspensive gun look at the Mossberg 500/835, or Win 1300. Both are good working guns. I know that you can get the Moss 835 in camo for turkeys. I have a 500 that has served me well, but its nothing fancy either. Good luck.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

OK Smoothsteve, One more time! You won't find too many new Semi-auto's for under $600.00 in the three "Big B's". Except Beretta, who has the 390/3901 and Pintail/ES100. Other very reliable and quality choices would be. The Franchi 612, Stoeger 2000, and Weatherby SAS. You also may be able to find a Winchester SX2 (3") on sale somewhere in this price range. Any of these would make a great choice for your intended use. I have a lot of experince with almost all of the above mentioned models. None have had any problems thus far. I recommend to hold all of these and check for balance, weight, and fit. They are all in the same class but have different operating systems and feel differently. Pick the one YOU like best. This should be enjoyable and not frustrating. Try to decide if you want a pump or auto first. That will help determine your budget.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

1st pump pick- Benelli Nova
2nd pump pick- Browning BPS

If you can,wait and save a little longer for a new one.

-Mathewsconquest2
Old 03-29-2004, 12:42 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-02-2004, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

I would recommend the Benelli Nova for turkey and waterfowl and the Browning BPS for upland birds. The nova is the best all purpose gun you can get.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Nova is basically a high performance beater in my book. It functions awesome and can really take a beating. I feel that it is heck of a better deal than any other pump on the market. I do only use my nova for waterfowl and turkey. It is a good gun. If I were you, just pick what feels the best when shopping. If you buy a gun before you buy it, meaning have a gun picked out without looking at them and pulling it up a few times, etc. and shopping around, you could end up with a "good" gun, but one that outright sucks for you.
Old 04-10-2004, 04:22 PM

last year i went looking for shotguns.i ended up going to a pawn shop. i got a browning a-5 16 and 12 guage.both in very good condition. i got both for just a little more than one good auto loader that was new.just a thought.
Old 04-11-2004, 02:03 AM

I'd go along with a few people in here and say the Nova seems to be the best all around shotgun.

Quick Reply: This really sucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.