Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Weatherby Mark V Accumark >

Weatherby Mark V Accumark

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Weatherby Mark V Accumark

Old 07-28-2015, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
How is that scope treating you? How is it holding up to that heavy recoil?

I have one on a 223rem, and another side focus in 4.5-14x on a 45-70 (I don't use the turrets on either, just the finger turn knobs with the caps removed), I've been tempted to drop the 6-8x on a 7mm RM lately.
Its holding up great. I was going to change it but it is clear, tracks well, and is holding zero great. I am impressed so far. The way it shoots, I am not going to mess with anything. My dad always told me if it isn't broke, don't fix it. How do you like yours?
Old 07-28-2015, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Incredibly happy with the 4.5-14x40mm. The 6-8x40, I think I would be happier with once it's not on a 16" AR Carbine where I can better utilize the magnification and finger-adjustment function. Like most Nikons, it took me a little while to get the focus figured out such that it wouldn't have a ring of fuzz at high mag settings, but I've been quite happy with it otherwise.

I've absolutely brutalized that 4.5-14x on that 45-70, or rather, my wife has. I've read reviews where guys have claimed the Buckmasters have issues with heavy recoil, but that 4.5-14x hasn't had an issue for us yet.