Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Sig or Xd for CCW??

Old 03-18-2012, 07:17 AM
Spike

If the gun is too large, heavy and bulky it will eventually get left in the night stand where it won't do you a bit of good..
Old 03-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by abners
If the gun is too large, heavy and bulky it will eventually get left in the night stand where it won't do you a bit of good..
I been carrying the sig for 2 months now, and no problems with weight, and being a single stack its very easy to conceal and dosent leave an inprint on a side carry out side waist holster as long as I am wearing a longer lengh shirt .
Old 03-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
For conceal carry they all suck as far as I'm concerned. They're all too big, too bulky, and way too heavy.

Now, aside from that they are all very high quality firearms and will serve you well for a life time. But CCW guns they aren't.

+1, I agree 100%. Fantastic weapons, but very difficult to conceal on a daily basis. We've all heard the same old story from different guys saying they conceal a full sized 1911, USP, 229, etc etc, but try asking them if they "have it on them right now". You'll find that in general, they WON'T be packing.

Even the baby glocks are too dang big in my book (thickness counts for a lot in ccw).
Old 03-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Late to this but will contribute anyway.

I have to agree with the others...a large gun is eventually going to get left behind if you don't have to carry it for work. Also weather is a factor: I live in Phoenix Arizona, try concealing a weapon when it is 115 outside and you are wearing as few clothes as possible!

I currently carry a Beretta Tomcat in 32. The 32 is not the man stopper a 45 is but it is lite enough and small enough that I can carry it comfortably while wearing shorts. If I am wearing a fanny pack (yes I do that sometimes) I may carry something larger.

Good luck.