Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Sig or Xd for CCW??

Old 02-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Spike

Default Sig or Xd for CCW??

I was looking at the Sig P239 or the P229 , and also at the springfield xd in the new xdm compack are the xds in the same ballpark as the Sigs as far quailty and a gun I can rely on when carrying, there is a price diffrence in the 2 guns, are the sigs that much better or am I just spilting hairs here ??? sigs run about 200$ more than the xds .
Old 02-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by abolt913
I was looking at the Sig P239 or the P229 , and also at the springfield xd in the new xdm compack are the xds in the same ballpark as the Sigs as far quailty and a gun I can rely on when carrying, there is a price diffrence in the 2 guns, are the sigs that much better or am I just spilting hairs here ??? sigs run about 200$ more than the xds .
Now I find out about the xds 45 is comeing out in march This may change alot of my thoughts..
Old 02-13-2012, 07:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

For conceal carry they all suck as far as I'm concerned. They're all too big, too bulky, and way too heavy.

Now, aside from that they are all very high quality firearms and will serve you well for a life time. But CCW guns they aren't.

If the gun is too large, heavy and bulky it will eventually get left in the night stand where it won't do you a bit of good..
Old 02-14-2012, 03:15 AM
Typical Buck

Eh, well, that depends on the person. I don't mind carrying around a full-sized firearm.

The size of a gun does not get it left at home as much as the mindset for carrying it does. Once you get into the habit of carrying a firearm, you don't notice it any more. You do notice when you do not have it.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Brand new & worth a look;

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/springfield-armory-xds/
Old 02-15-2012, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
Absolutely...I plan to purchase this gun. It may not end up being all it seems to be, but SA makes good products so I doubt I'd be disappointed. As the ad states, it appears that this may be a "game changer".
Old 02-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

Wow. All working firearms are game changers. I hate stupid ads like that.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know I'm getting in on this a little late but here goes. I carried a Sig P229 on duty and as a CCW for right at 3 years. IMO it is one of the best pistols made and they happen fit my hands like a glove. They are a tad heavy, so you need a good holster and a good quality belt to carry one comfortably. I now carry a Glock 27 as a CCW and have zero problems with comfort. Buy the pistol you like and then get a good belt and holster.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I carry a Glock 17 all day with no trouble but it is a little big to keep under a t-shirt. The Sig is too heavy for me, I haven't tried out the XD. My next is going to be a Kahr CW9, going to order one next week.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
I know I'm getting in on this a little late but here goes. I carried a Sig P229 on duty and as a CCW for right at 3 years. IMO it is one of the best pistols made and they happen fit my hands like a glove. They are a tad heavy, so you need a good holster and a good quality belt to carry one comfortably. I now carry a Glock 27 as a CCW and have zero problems with comfort. Buy the pistol you like and then get a good belt and holster.
Thanks for the advise , I bought the p239 sig in 40s&w and a good holster, carried it a couple of times, and so far so good , the only thing to get use to is driving in a truck with it, Ive been taking in out of holster when I drive and putting it back in holster when I get out of seat....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.