Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 NIKON BUCKMASTER OR BUSHNELL 3200? >

NIKON BUCKMASTER OR BUSHNELL 3200?

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

NIKON BUCKMASTER OR BUSHNELL 3200?

Old 09-30-2003, 05:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: NIKON BUCKMASTER OR BUSHNELL 3200?

Randy maybe you can answer this since you have tested the sightron scopes,Is the sightron just a Burris scope?The reason I asked is that I bought a sightron 11 scope and it came with Burris scope caps on it.Was going to put it on a encore 50 cal after I checked it out on a light recoiling 7/08 but it wouldn' t even track so I took it back and got a buckmaster.
I have 2 Burris and like them too.Haven' t had any problems with them.
Old 09-30-2003, 05:53 PM

you have tested the sightron scopes,Is the sightron just a Burris scope?The reason I asked is that I bought a sightron 11 scope and it came with Burris scope caps on it.
Not at all-- were you buying a used scope? Sightron scopes do not come with scope caps at all. Sightron USA is in Youngsville, NC, and all of their scopes are made by Sightron in Japan.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

No it wasn' t used brand new inthe box,was wrapped in the cloth materal with burris wrote on the scope caps just like the other burris I have.He sent it back to sightron I guess they gave him cridet for it and I got the buckmaster and the difference back.I asked the dealer about it and he said that was the way he got it in,He didn' t have any other ones to compare with but said he would check it out if he got another one in.
Was curious for that reason,maybe that was why something was wrong with it,someone had it ,was sent back to the distrutor and it was sent to this dealer instead of back to the manufactor????
Wish I had known they didn' t come with scope caps I would have sent it back to the sightron myself.It was the first time I had tried one.
Anyhow they got it back the same as I got it wrapped in the materal and the burris scope caps.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:38 AM
Typical Buck

At one time or another I have bought every thing from Tasco to Zeiss, inlcuding Leupolds and Nikons. To date I have had to send one Leupold and one Nikon back for repairs. The Leupold, a Vari-X II 4-12x40, I beleive it was, would not stay zeroed. The rubber locking gromet would back off the adjustments something terrible. You could zero it today, tomorrow it would be off by as much as 3" . The Nikon, was a Buckmaster 3-9x50, had a broken crosshair, which broke after the 5th shot on a lighweight 6.5x284.

The Leupold service was quick and the problem was fixed correctly (I sent it to Dick Thomas at Precision Reticles) as it was modified to a poistive click adjustments. The Nikon service is still to be determined, as I just sent the scope back to Nikon on 11 SEP 03.

My observations, is that the optics and clearity of the Nkon are superior to Leupolds, but the Nikons may not be as durable and rugged as the Leupold. As of this date I have 10 Leupolds and 14 Nikons, and in my opinion $ for $ you get the most scope with Nikon.

Nikon may by made in the Phillipines, but they are the best thing to come out of the Phillipines since LBFM' s. Some of you ex-military guys that have spent time the Phillipines know exactly what I am talking about!!!!!!![][>:]
Old 10-01-2003, 10:26 PM

Long Bearded Freaky Momma' s???
Old 10-03-2003, 08:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had a new Buckmaster I bought two or three years ago. I didn,t like it at all. On mine the eye relief was so critical that I just could never get on target without squiming it all over and moving my head around. I traded it in at Scheels. They take trade ins on scopes. I got a Leupold VX-1, I love it. However the 3200 Elite is an excellent scope. Its Both bright and clear and tough as nails. I would buy one in a heartbeat. Scheels didn' t have one at the time or I would have.