Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 NIKON BUCKMASTER OR BUSHNELL 3200? >

NIKON BUCKMASTER OR BUSHNELL 3200?

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

NIKON BUCKMASTER OR BUSHNELL 3200?

Old 08-02-2003, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default NIKON BUCKMASTER OR BUSHNELL 3200?

WHICH ONE DO YOU FEEL IS BETTER THE NIKON BUCKMASTER OR THE BUSHNELL 3200 BOTH 3-9X40? NIKON' S EYE REPLIEF IS 3.5" , THE BUSHNELL' S EYE RELIEF IS 3" . I HAVE THE NIKON BUCKMASTER ON MY KNIGHT MUZZLELOADER, AND I LIKE IT. THEY ARE ABOUT THE SAME PRICE.
Old 08-02-2003, 11:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: NIKON BUCKMASTER OR BUSHNELL 3200?

I would get a leupold,VXII or even a VXI before either of those ,but of the two the nikon would be my choice
Old 08-02-2003, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT THE LEUPOLDS, I HAVE A FEW THEM. BUT I DON' T CARE TO SPEND THE " $$$$" SINCE THIS RIFLE WILL BE USED ONCE OT TWICE A DAY.
Old 08-02-2003, 01:43 PM
Typical Buck

You can buy a Leupold VXI for the same or less than the other two(bushnell and nikon buckmaster)Check cabelas and bass pro.A cheap scope will always cost you more in the long run,might just fail on that one or two shots you take while you are hunting.The only difference in the VXI and VXII is the lens coating and I beleive the VXII has click ajustmentsand the VXI dosn' t.Both have a lifetime warranty.
Old 08-02-2003, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was going to buy the Nikon a couple years back. For the same money I bought the Leupold VariXII.. I have no experience with either the Nikon or Bushnell.I know Leupold' s quality,lifetime warranty and Made in USA.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 08-02-2003, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

Last count I had 5 3x9x40 buckmasters on different rifles,one 4,5x14x40,and one 4x12 monarch,and one leupold 4x12,II and I like the nikons better than the leupold,just my preference.
Old 08-03-2003, 11:12 PM

Nikon all the way. I worked in a sporting goods store for awhile and sold these scopes. The Buckmaster scope had some problems when first introduced (several years ago), but that' s been taken care of. Nikon also has a " no-fault" return policy. Drop it off a cliff and they' ll take care of it.

The only Leupold scope worth anything is the Vari-X III, and it' s too expensive in my opinion. The Nikon Monarch is a great scope if you want to upgrade without going broke.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Danny45 - I concure with you from talking to others at gun shops that sell both Nikkon and Leupold. I' d save the extract money to step up to the Nikkon Monarch though. Compare it to the Leupold and others similar scopes. The lense coatings really do seem to bring in more light, making the target look sharper.

Also, the no-fault guarantee with the Nikkon was a big reason I bought one.

MinnFinn
Old 08-09-2003, 07:17 AM
Host of Hosts

I own 2 Nikon Buckmaster scope and 2 leupold VXII' s I like them both and have had no trouble with either one. I do like that Leupold is American Made, Nikon' s are made in the Phillipines if I remember correctly.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

F4YG, You are correct that Nikon' s are made in the Phillipines.When I was going to buy the Nikon I saw that it was Made in the Phillpines. That' s when I decided to go with the Leupold.
I always try to buy products " Made in the USA" . The job you save might be your own.
Ruger Redhawk

Quick Reply: NIKON BUCKMASTER OR BUSHNELL 3200?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.