Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

BSA and Tasco scopes

Old 03-28-2003, 11:08 AM

Default RE: BSA and Tasco scopes

With the amount of money spent in Hunting Leases, Transportation to get there, etc. $175 for a Leupold VXI seems like a bargain. That is certainly not my first choice for a scope, but that is about as " low" as I can recommend and feel good about the recommendation.

If funds are tight, browse some of the larger forums classifieds looking for a used Leupold. I would rather have 1 used Leupold than a barrel fun of Tasco or BSA scopes.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:25 PM

For $150-180 you can get a 3200 Bushnell Elite,Burris Fullfield ll,or Leupold VX l.Check Bear Basin,SWFA,or D&R Sports for a good price.That might be double what you want to pay but you' ll be glad you saved the extra money up when it comes hunting and shooting time.Plus they all have real good factory warranties and nice optics.Remember if you buy the 3200 or VX l used, it is still covered by the same great warranty also.Check SWFA on their used,trade in,demo,page called the sample list for even better deals.Good Shooting

woods

http://www.bearbasin.com/

http://www.swfa.com/

http://www.samplelist.com/default.asp?prod_type=1

Try these links out

woods
Old 03-29-2003, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is a fairly old post. No one touched it for a long time. I got my new rifle and the scope I was looking for last month. NEF 30-06 with bushnell wideview scope. Thanks for all the advice.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:50 PM

I would look at it this way at the cost of your scope do you want a life time warrenty or a taillight waranty. Cheap scopes usely have a one year warrenty where when you spend $$$ you get what you pay for! In georgia I hunt Hogs rain or shine mud or dry I have a Nikon why GURANTEE !!!
Old 04-12-2003, 07:02 PM

BSA makes good small game rifles for about 40-70 yards. I went out and my 22 and it sighted in prfectly
Old 04-12-2003, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Neither will ever be on any of my guns. Save up and buy a quality scope. It pays off in the end.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-01-2003, 07:03 PM

I have a World class 3 X 9 on a Remington .300 Mag for probably the last 7 years, replaced a not so clear Redfield......No problems since I pout it on and have shot quite a few boxes of those hard kicking bullets and never needed any adjusting. Paid a little over a hundred for that scope.

My son put a pronghorn on a remington 35 lever action several years ago and am getting the same results.

I just bought a Browning .223 A-bolt used that has a Tasco 6 X 24 on it. The scope was actually a selling point for me to make the pruchase.

The only scope I ever had fail me was a Weaver 3 X 9 so I am not partial to them, even though it was factory replaced when I finially sent it in. I traded it off for the Redfield I mentioned above, which is now on a .22 that is hardly ever shot.

Any reputable scope has a lifetime limited warranty on them. I wouldnt buy any scope that didnt, and you dont have to spend " big bucks" to get a scope with the warranty.

Just my opinion...

GB

Old 05-02-2003, 09:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

While any scope can fail, I' ve had two Trashco' s fail me! There will never be a third one! I have not used a BSA scope but just looking through them they look to be on par with the Trashco.
I now have a Leupold and a Simmons Aetec. The difference is like day and night. I wish I had spent a little more on a Leupold! From now on I will buy Leupold or better. A Leupold VX-1 would be the very bottom line scope that I would get from now on!
A Vari-X- III or Zeis (sp?) Conquest would be ideal!
Old 05-04-2003, 10:55 AM

I have a Tasco on my .270 and to date, I have not missed a Whitetail that I have shot at. From 50-385 paces. I take it out and shoot two boxes of shells throught it before each season and I have yet to shoot less that 2" groups at 100 yards with it. I will be shooting iot alot more this year, as I' m getting into hand loading. I also have a 6-24 on my .22-250 and a 4-12 on my .223. Neither has failed me.

No experience with BSA.

I am taking the advise of others on this board, however and saving for a Leopold for my new .338.

The tasco' s over $150 are quality. Likely not the quailty of the other brands, but sometimes the pocketbook gets in the way

The Simmons that I had was absolute junk. Wouldn' t hod zero on the .22-250 at all.

FWIW, JMHO
Old 05-10-2003, 09:28 AM

I would run away fast from the BSA and Tasco (actually I think the early post had it right at Trashco).

I have a BSA red dot scope on a Colt Anaconda 44mag. When the zero stays put you can hit with it, but who wants to re-zero every 200 rounds or less. I plan to replace it with a Aimpoint. Also had several Tasco' s that did not survive very lond on Crossman air guns.( Yes they were made for air rifles.)

If money is tight I would consider the following:Prices from Midway cat#191
Leupold VX-I 2-7x33-------------$179.99
Weaver V10 2-10x38-------------$171.25

Strong high quality glass is even more important on hard kicking rifles (and handguns as I found out the hard way) especially .300 win mag and up.

While were talking about scopes, don' t buy cheap bases or rings either.
Use blue locktite on base screws.

Quick Reply: BSA and Tasco scopes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.