Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Daughter's New Toy

Old 02-19-2008, 10:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Daughter's New Toy

Wouldn't you empty your clip? That's something a jury wouldn't understand, non gun owners deciding a gun crime is ridiculous btw, all those anti gun /scare of gun types would find you guilty. If I fired once, I'd keep firing til someone was on the ground. So unless that first shot knocked him off his feet.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:09 AM

Tehy said that one round is self defense. Then if you wait and he keeps coming at you you can fire on rounds until he stops coming. I was in the Marines and always double tap when im shooting self defense. If you keep coming at me in my house after getting hit with 2 rounds of 3.5in no4 Turkey loads at 5 yards you are gonna be hurting because there is 3 rounds of 3.5in 00 Buck behind that.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

If she dumps the clip most likely a jury will consider that excessive force. Whether or not she hits anything or nothing. In NC the law reads " use of deadly force can be used when threatened with death, serious bodily harm, to stop forcible entry,or sexualy assault to a person with normal fortitude" or to some extent thereof. Whos to say whats normal. What my not bother me could scare the crap outa someone else and vice versa... My CC instructor taught us double tap center mass if you miss and perp is still advancing repeat until he's down or runs away. NEVER JUST SHOOT TILL YOUR EMPTY!!! then it becomes excessive force. Don't tell the police you were trying to kill the perp or that you were aiming at his head/heart. A DA and jury will take that and charge you with murder or manslaughter.(excessive force again). When questoined simply say you were aiming center mass and was just trying to stop the threat. I mean the guy that broke in your house at 3 in the morning with knife/gun might just want to show you his new toy (yea right).
Old 02-20-2008, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

Bronko, I think that's great advice. As for some of these other replys, I say to each their own. But as for me, I would a lot rather have to mortgage the farm to hire my daughter a slick, shyster lawyer than to pay for her funeral.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

pick up some of the brass, get rid of it, reload a few in the clip, wasn't empty.

Turkey shot first, then buck shot? what a nice guy, haha. how many does that thing hold? here in IL we're limited to 3 rounds in a shotgun. fun state I tell ya!
Old 03-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Spike

I quit keeping a loaded auto in the house after I bought a Colt Officers off my brother. He kept a loaded magazine in the gun and the other 2 loaded for years. When I bought the gun off him, it jammed all the time. As soon as I replaced his old factory mags with new factory mags, the gun never jammed om me again. I guess the magazine springs can get weak from being loaded for years at a time. For this reason, I keep a S&W .357 by the bed. I was later told that if you keep the magazines only half full, the springs will last longer. Since I am a pretty good shot, I'll stick with the wheel gun for home defense. A shotgun is still the ultimate HD weapon but then again, if it's a pump or auto, still have the spring issue. Perhaps a side by side shotgun would be best.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Retaks

ORIGINAL: bronko22000

But I did give her specific instructions that if anyone happened to invade her house at night to stay in her room, behind the bed, call 911 from her cell phone and if they enter the room to shoot for center of mass and to keep shooting until they flee or drop and remain in the room until police arrive.
My uncle in Alabama did that. He hid in his room and waited for the person to come into the room. Said stop and the guy kept coming so he shot him 2 times with a 45 ACP. Both center mass. The court said the first shot was self defense but the second shot was not because the guy had a knife and was not within striking distance. He ended up with 10 years for it. He should be getting out in about 2 years.
Under MS laws we can't be jailed or sued for shooting someone : tresspassing, stealing, threatning, or harming us, but I still shoot to kill.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

Well it's good to have, hopefully never have to use it, and more than likely won't ever have to. Hope she's not paranoid about a burglar etc.....I often wonder about where to store a gun for protection? nightstand where anyone can get to it? loaded/unloaded? 1 in the chamber? clip loaded in the gun but not in the chamber? I worry about friends kids etc....finding it, and something happening because i twas there for protection and now a travesty occurs. I mean you don't want to have to load a clip, then load the gun, unlock it from a case/safe etc...do you? Curious what others do? Anyone else worry about these things? Also is it really a concern to anyone that they'll eventually be a victim? or more of just a precaution? I guess my question is what do you do with the weapon? I saw a safe in amovie recently, small pistol safe.....that opens once it scans your finger prints i assume? so it opens quick.....its safe/stored away, if it exists guessing it costs a good buck, but seems pretty ideal.
how about keeping it in a small keypad safe under the bed, locked during the day, unlock it when going to bed at night. clip half full to put less wear on the mag, chambered or unchambered is up to the sleeper.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

bewteen the mattress.none in the chamber but a full clip.... ?????i always thought about behind the head board. where its simple to jus reach around??