Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 .22 ammo...Is it all the same?? >

.22 ammo...Is it all the same??

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

.22 ammo...Is it all the same??

Old 02-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: .22 ammo...Is it all the same??

Standard velocity and sub-standard velocity rounds are very accurate out of the box for both indoor and outdoor shooting.. In wind at longer yardages the match CCI (green label) and Eley, 10X(black box)will out perform standard velocity rounds. The Eley run around $80 to$100 a brick, notaroundI use for plinking. For everyday accuracy the standard velocityhollow point from one of the major manufacturers are usually more accurate than the shooter. Stay away from the ultra velocity rounds like the Stingers if accuracy is a concern.
Good Hunting...
Old 02-17-2008, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: .22 ammo...Is it all the same??

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

Most of my .22's shot Federal Gold Medal great
I have a Savage MkII BV that loves the stuff: shoots it far better than any of the target ammo I've tried. For $1.47/50, I'll TAKE it!

That being said, I've got a Buckmark .22 pistol that often has trouble feeding, firing, & extracting the same ammo.

Guns are like kids: they all have different appetites. However, while some kids may grow to appreciate vegetables over time, most guns I've had seem to steadfastly maintain the same taste in "food".

FC