Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Leverevolution Ammo-Does It Feed Ok >

Leverevolution Ammo-Does It Feed Ok

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Leverevolution Ammo-Does It Feed Ok

Old 01-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Spike

Default RE: Leverevolution Ammo-Does It Feed Ok

I was at the range last fall there was a guy there with a 450 marlin. He was trying out the leverelvolution . He did have problems with the ammo it would jam coming out of the feed tube.The flat points that he feed consistantly but when loaded with the levers they would jam.He kept trying to cycle them through and after about 30rds they started feeding alright. Dont know why it was doing it but it was a brand new gun .
Old 01-15-2008, 06:13 PM
FA
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: steakman

I was at the range last fall there was a guy there with a 450 marlin. He was trying out the leverelvolution . He did have problems with the ammo it would jam coming out of the feed tube.The flat points that he feed consistantly but when loaded with the levers they would jam.He kept trying to cycle them through and after about 30rds they started feeding alright. Dont know why it was doing it but it was a brand new gun .
More than likely there was a burr at the end of the feeding tube and with a little use it probably broke loose. I seen this one other time with an 1895G and it only lasted a short time.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:18 PM

I have used it with great results in my 1895G. No feeding problems with my 336RC .35 either.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: steakman

[/blockquote]

More than likely there was a burr at the end of the feeding tube and with a little use it probably broke loose. I seen this one other time with an 1895G and it only lasted a short time.
I have a .450 as well and use the rounds in it and have never had a probelm with it. Though was the guy just cycling the rounds through or did he fire it 30 times? I know I wouldn't want to shoot it that much in one sitting. I have people that shot it once and refuse to shoot it again. One even shoots a .375 and said he prefers to shoot it of course the Marlin is a lightweight gun so it has a pretty good recoil.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Spike

He was just cycling them through not firing.Might have been a burr all i know is it started woking after cycling it for a while. He was starting to get a little worried about it but by the time he left it was working good.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Marlin Guide in 444 Marlin. This Hornadyammo feeds fine and groups well out of this rparticular rifle. There was not as much less drop at 100 yards as I expected when compared to other quality ammo that is loaded with "flat nose" bullets and when compared to my hand loads. I use the Speer "Gold Dot" bullet. As far as killing performance, I have taken 3 white tail deer and one coyote with this rifle. Recovered the bullet from one of the deer. Mush room looks OK though it appeared that a lot of the lead had been lost in the wound path. All others were pass through with evidence of good expansion .. by the size of the exit wound. None of these went farther than about 30 yards after being hit.All shots were under 75 yards or so.