HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Leverevolution Ammo-Does It Feed Ok
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 09:30 AM
JeffS
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Leverevolution Ammo-Does It Feed Ok

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: steakman

I was at the range last fall there was a guy there with a 450 marlin. He was trying out the leverelvolution . He did have problems with the ammo it would jam coming out of the feed tube.The flat points that he feed consistantly but when loaded with the levers they would jam.He kept trying to cycle them through and after about 30rds they started feeding alright. Dont know why it was doing it but it was a brand new gun .
[/blockquote]

More than likely there was a burr at the end of the feeding tube and with a little use it probably broke loose. I seen this one other time with an 1895G and it only lasted a short time.
I have a .450 as well and use the rounds in it and have never had a probelm with it. Though was the guy just cycling the rounds through or did he fire it 30 times? I know I wouldn't want to shoot it that much in one sitting. I have people that shot it once and refuse to shoot it again. One even shoots a .375 and said he prefers to shoot it of course the Marlin is a lightweight gun so it has a pretty good recoil.