Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Tikka vs. Kimber

Old 08-24-2007, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tikka vs. Kimber

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

kimber
Can you state your reasons you'd pay the $550+ more for say a Kimber 84M than a Tikka T3? Something more than just the name? Just curious.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:46 AM

Gday i have 2 tikka,s in t3 ones a 223 which i get 5 shots inside a 10mm circle at 100yards and the other is a 25/06 which i get 3/4 in groups at 100 yrds out of. I would buy the tikka i absolutly love that realy smooooth feeling of the bolt.

Im also looking at buying one in 300 win mag now so if anyone has some info for me about it please feel free to speak up.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:35 PM

Kimber is the better manufacturer. though I'm not a fan of the Montana. i would purchase an 84M classic. The kimber should retain its value better than the Tikka

Is a Kimber worth 5-600 more than a Tikka? Only if you are willing to pay it. to me.... definately... for the next guy maybe not. its personal.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dislike the very think stock on the Tikka. I think you could probably fix it with a cheek-eeze pad. Accuracy wise, just about any new gun will shoot plenty good enough these days, doesn't matter what the price is.

Just remember this, you are going to be carrying that gun a lot more than you are going to be shooting it.... and I'd rather be carrying a Kimber. But do not put all your money in your rifle and then stick a cheap scope on top.... if you are on a budget, buy your scope first... then put a rifle under it later.

You'd be better off with aStevens 200sporting a Diavari T* then you will a Kimber with a Tasco.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bucked off

Have a Tikka T3 lite in .270 wsm and it's the shizzzzle.
2nd
Old 09-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

You're asking about the Tikka T3 .300 WM. I've got one, along with a .30-06. Both are fine shooters. The .300 WM will buck a bit, as with any mfg. of that mag caliber on the bench sighting in. But hunting I don't notice it. I've taken my last 3 Elk with the .300 WM T3. Last fall at 299 yds. with steady stix it dropped an Accubond 180 gr slug through the shoulder and took out the lungs. So, there wasn't any chasing after it.
I'd recommend it to anyone. I still haven't heard why the other is worth the 500-600 more. Tikka T3 is made with the same craftsmen and floating barrel as Sako. It's a terrific rifle imo.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MinnFinn

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

kimber
Can you state your reasons you'd pay the $550+ more for say a Kimber 84M than a Tikka T3? Something more than just the name? Just curious.
i wouldn't pay what they want for a Kimber, however that's not what the question was. i took the question as which is a better rifle not which is a better rifle for the money. if money was no question, Kimber all the way. in my opinion Kimber is a better made rifle, Tikka's have a cheap feel to them. i'm not saying Tikka's aren't good shooters, just saying overall...Kimber's are better quality.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Kimbers look very sweet, and I love to buy USA for most of my purchases. When I bought my Tikka, Kimber wasn't making their lovely rifles. Would I choose differently? Not as of now. I like my super-slick action on my Tikka and the box magazine and the 1 MOA accuracy guarentee all for $600 in stainless/lam stock. I've changed the stock to the plastic black one and the only gripes I have were the recoil pad (swapped out for a Sims), the magazine (wish it was loadable through the bolt opening) and the safety (wish it were a 3 way instead of 2 way).

I'm still looking for the perfect rifle that has all that for $600. I'd love to get a Sako as they have the better mags but they are $1k or more. Would love to buy a Remington but they lack the accuracy guarentee out of the box and not as slick an action from what I've experienced. The Kimber is sweet but I won't buy a rifle without a box magazine (personal preferrence). So that limits my choices.

Find what's most important to you and go for the one that matches the most options. Don't forget to check the Savages too, I hear they are pretty good rifles these days, and a Browning is always an option too.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was at Gander Mountain last week looking for a new rifle. After beingat that store for almost 2hrs checking every rifle that they had on their shelves, and hearing several other guys talking about the Tikka T3 Lite, I went with the Tikka T3 Lite in a .308. I'm very impressed with the acton, weight, and looks of the gun. (It's in the Matt Black composite stock and blued action version.) For the money, I don't think you can buy a better gun!!
Old 10-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yup, Tikka are one of the greatest rifles made in the last 5 years, and still a secret very few know about yet. But once you feel how slick the bolt slides, how crisp the trigger breaks, and how well they shoot, you'll really wonder why you didn't buy one sooner.

Quick Reply: Tikka vs. Kimber

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.