Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Tikka T3 Lite opinions please >

Tikka T3 Lite opinions please

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Tikka T3 Lite opinions please

Old 05-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Tikka T3 Lite opinions please

ORIGINAL: bucked off

I just bought a Tikka in .270 wsm and LOVE it. Would like to get the trigger a little lighter and not having much luck figuring out how to do it. Read the directions and looked at the illustration but don't know if I have to remove the whole trigger mech or not. Ideas?
Is the hype true?? What kind of groups in that thing shootin?
Old 05-02-2007, 12:43 PM

I was very skeptical and tried to talk myself out of buying one but glad I did. I hadn't even heard of Tikka until about a month ago when I got the itch to buy a new rifle and found this web site. Talked to a few friends that keep up with the gun world and they all said that they "heard" Tikka was a good gun at a fair price but hadn't shot one or even seen one. I ordered one from the local gun shop and I LOVE it. Right out of the box shooting Remington Core lok 130gr (only kind of shells they had and have since ordered 140 gr accubonds) it grouped right at 1 inch @ 100 yds. Trigger has zero creep and breaks super. Wanting to reduce it to about 2 lbs just to see the difference, set a 3 lbs now. The ONLY thing I do not like is the plasctic box magazine. Been looking for a metal aftermarket one but haven't found one yet.My next gun will be a Tikka for sure.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the info.....that's about the same things i've heard..good luck & congrats on your new purchase.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bucked off

I was very skeptical and tried to talk myself out of buying one but glad I did. I hadn't even heard of Tikka until about a month ago when I got the itch to buy a new rifle and found this web site. Talked to a few friends that keep up with the gun world and they all said that they "heard" Tikka was a good gun at a fair price but hadn't shot one or even seen one. I ordered one from the local gun shop and I LOVE it. Right out of the box shooting Remington Core lok 130gr (only kind of shells they had and have since ordered 140 gr accubonds) it grouped right at 1 inch @ 100 yds. Trigger has zero creep and breaks super. Wanting to reduce it to about 2 lbs just to see the difference, set a 3 lbs now. The ONLY thing I do not like is the plasctic box magazine. Been looking for a metal aftermarket one but haven't found one yet.My next gun will be a Tikka for sure.
Glad to hear you bought it, too. I really like the Tikka T3 .300 WM (forElk)and same model .30-06 (for whitetails) I bought in the last 5 years. With good quality ammo, I've consistently shot sub 1 MOA at 100 and 200 yds out of the box.
I wouldn't worry about the magazine or trigger guard. They are made out of synthetic similar to what's used in many many stocks and moving parts of some other very well known rifles, shotguns and semi-auto handguns. The military requires many of their small arms parts to be made out of similar syntheticed and/or composite materials. It'll out last certain steel under normal and some heavy use for years.
Have many good years and enjoyment with your new rifle!
Old 05-13-2007, 06:09 AM
Typical Buck

The plastic parts sure don't hurt the accrucy on the tikka's.Got some more pic of how the 308 shoots.First one is one I saved at 300 yds and the second is useing 2 different loads at 100 yds.The top left is out of a rem sps 270,it is no slouch either for a factory rifle.This is the fifth one hole group I have got out ofthe 270 with differentloads useing 110gr sierra bullets.Just shot these this week.Now if I could get my 22/250 savage to shooting one holers with different loads I would have something.