Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Sig Sauer Mosquito?

Old 02-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sig Sauer Mosquito?

Anyone have any experience with the Sig Sauer Mosquito? I picked one up at a gunshow a few weeks ago and really liked the feel of it. I liked the fact that it had an accesory rail and I could mount a light very easily on it.

I asked the dealer at the show how they shot, and he was honest and said that he has never shot one yet, and the ones he has sold he hasn't heard any reports on.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sig Sauer Mosquito?

No offence,but I really wonder why you want to put a combat light on a .22.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

For night time coon hunting behind hounds. Wouldn't have to carry an extra flashlight then.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

No one has any experience with these guns????
Old 02-14-2007, 09:13 PM

I too looked at these guns, look like nice little pistols. I opted for a Ruger MKII 678 slab side target/gov model. The only sig I have is a Model p220 45acp. Sig makes a great weapon, I just liked the Ruger 22 better. Sorry I dont have first hand experiance with the little sig. I do know sig makes a great product, if the 22 is anything like the 45 it will be a great gun. The Ruger has a large aftermarket following, great upgrade options. Not so much with the sig. HTH.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 Ruger 22s right now. I'm just a tinkerer, I like playing with new products an seeing how they perform and all that good stuff.

I might have to be the guinea pig and be the first on this forum to try one out!
Old 02-25-2008, 06:40 PM

I have some expierence with the mosquito I purchased one for my wife a couple months ago. She preffered the feel of the grips over the walhter P22 (which is what I wanted) but it was for her. We found that the Remington 22 Thunderbolts with the heavy spring so far is the way to go. I tried roughly 5 different brands and they just did not seem to work various problemswith ejecting and reloading the next round CCI's were the worst. All in all she loves the gun!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 11:09 PM

I know a lot of guys that bought them when I was living in California. They all loved them. Of the 5 or 6 guys that had them at least half of them owned more than one. I have never shot them myself, but the guy I know that had them are guys whos opinion I trust as far as guns are concerned.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:42 PM

Purchased one about a year ago. Shoots great, it is like shooting my 9mm but less expensive. The gun is picky about ammo. The only thing that has worked without problems is CCI Minimags. I have not had any luck with cheap .22 ammo. Winchester Supremes and the better Remingtons did fair. I just use the CCI ammonow. Wish the gun had 2 magazines.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: zoeycj7

... We found that the Remington 22 Thunderbolts with the heavy spring so far is the way to go. I tried roughly 5 different brands and they just did not seem to work various problemswith ejecting and reloading the next round CCI's were the worst. ...
At the range last week, I swapped with the guy in the lane next to me: my Buckmark for his Mosquito.The Mosquito felt great in my hand (like all Sigs), but it had trouble feeding & ejecting the 3 kinds of ammo the guy had brought. My 226 (9mm) and 245 (.45 acp) aren't very finicky at all about ammo.

Given that my gun shop wants $505 for a Mosquito, and I gave $249 for my Buckmark, I think I'll hang onto my purchase.

That's not saying that I might not end up with a 239 Equinox someday, however!

FC