Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

tikka T3 rifles

Old 10-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: tikka T3 rifles

What kind of factory ammo have you guys had luck with?
My 25-06 loves Hornady interlocks but also shoots Federal Sierra gamekings very well. (both sub inch at 100 yards) The interlocks are a little tougher so I hunt with them. By the way that's a sharp looking Tikka. I may have to have a stainless synthetic myself.

One more question though, should I be using some sort of lock tight? It looks like there was originaly some used...?
I'd be careful putting anything on it that might permanently gum it up. Who knows you might want to lighten it up again for some benchrest shooting one day. I did not reapply anything to mine and as yet (going on 3 years) I have not noticed any problems or change in my trigger setting.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys have me fired up with all these awesome groups your shooting.
Think you're fired up now. Wait till you get out there and shoot a group like this with factory ammo.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Todd1700

You guys have me fired up with all these awesome groups your shooting.
Think you're fired up now. Wait till you get out there and shoot a group like this with factory ammo.
Dadgum. I only hope it shoots that good. I wish Hornady would hurry up and start making some loads for the 300wsm. Guess they will when the designers lawsuit is over. Going to the range this aft. I'll let you know how it goes.

On the LOCKTITE...UseFINGERNAIL polish! Easy to get off and won't gum anything up.

Old 10-26-2006, 07:50 PM

Thats a great idea with the nailpolish. Thanks. Don't know why cleaning it ever changed the trigger in the first place but I know it got a lot lighter after wards. In fact when it was finished I would work the action and it would fire. Has anyone else had this happen?Eventually after cleaning it again and running the action it got better but never back to normal until now.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

I took my tikka 300wsm out to the range again today. Weather was alot more condusive today. I still had to shoot a few at 50yds to get it close. My first 2 shots at 100yd were a click low and 3" to the left. I moved it over and up and I put the next 3 2" high dead center. It was shooting very close to a 1" grouping. After 8 or 9 shots that gun starts to get to you a little...I knowIwas flinching some.Plus I'm shooting off towels which aren't the greatest rest. I wish I had a lead sled to see what it will really do. Either way I dare ole bucky to come by me with it.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:26 PM

When I was at Dick's last week I took a look at a Tikka T3 Lite Stainless they had there. It was one of the rifles I was considering buying once I get my firearms purchaser's card. After looking here it seems like there really isn't anything bad anyone's saying about them, and $500 was less than I thought I'd be spending on a rifle too. I'm gonna probably go for 7mm-08 or .30-06.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

I've always been a remington person but after feeling and shooting my new Tikka its going to be hard spending money on something different. Ok.maybe I'll splurge one day and get me a Sako. I'm thinking about getting my wife a 7-08 in the t3 also. And like you said $498 for a black on black syn you can't beat it.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:55 PM

I bought a t3 two years ago in .300wsm. I absolutely love it. It has definitely turned into my favorite rifle.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: asttbe

I bought a t3 two years ago in .300wsm. I absolutely love it. It has definitely turned into my favorite rifle.
asttbe: What kind of ammo are you shooting from your 300? Factory or Reload?
Thanks!
Old 10-31-2006, 07:04 PM

I'm using Federal Premium Vital Shocks. I'd like to reload but I really don't need another hobby. I work offshore in the Gulf of Mexico and I am gone every other month. Don't want to spend my time off messing with a reloader.

Quick Reply: tikka T3 rifles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.