Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Hi Point handguns

Old 07-11-2005, 04:17 PM

Default RE: Hi Point handguns

Any news so far? Looking forward to that range report.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

numrich sent the wrong parts [:@], So once again im still waiting for the parts.[:@]
Old 07-15-2005, 01:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im still waiting for the parts, but in the mean time im planning my layout and everything to cover in my range report. Just looking to maybe get some of your guys opinions and input on what you want to know and what i should cover in my range report. starting with how far do you guys think i should shoot for the accuracy portion of my report, 7 yards, 15 yards, or 25 yards??? I initially was gonna do 25 yards but im having my doubts about it and would like to hear what you guys would think is a reasonable range for accuracy for this particular gun in 9mm.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

HD...With my Hi-Points that I've owned...I've found their sights to be the biggest problem. They're bulky and hard to focus on a small object with.

I also found that my 9mm hated the ammo that I first bought for it. (It was the cheap bulk Luger stuff) I switched to the Wolf and it shot much better.

I found that 25yds was the limit for myself and my gun. It didn't shoot like my Smith, but I'd hate to be on the receiving end at that distance.

Others spoke of tumbling, I have never experienced that. Maybe you can shed some light on that.

Thanks.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL even with these lower line guns I highly doubt the bullets will be tumbling at 25 yards lol I guess we will see when i do my range report. Ive heard the same thing about snub nose revolvers and tumbling after 50 feet well 25 yards is 75 feet and I have shot several snub nose 38 revolvers with the short 2 inch barrels I have yet to see any key holes in a target at 25 yards maybe bad groups but never any key holeing.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:14 AM

I think that for the price (99 bucks here) they would probably be worth checking out. Especially if it was a first handgun or for an inexpereinced shooter. I'm sure most of the pistols out there can outshoot a new shooter.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: UThunter

I think that for the price (99 bucks here) they would probably be worth checking out. Especially if it was a first handgun or for an inexpereinced shooter. I'm sure most of the pistols out there can outshoot a new shooter.
I totally agree
Old 07-17-2005, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

One thing about it, A new shooter can always blame the gun for poor accuracy.99.00 or 29.00 I don't think I would buy a High Point.To many better choices besides the HP's

Ruger Redhawk
Old 07-27-2005, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

well............ I have no idea when the parts will be in now I called numrich to find out where my parts are, turns out they are out of them and they dont know when they will get more
Old 07-27-2005, 06:31 PM

HighdesertWolf those hi-points have a lifetime warranty. you may be able to send it to the factory for free repairs. may be worth looking into. just a thought.

Quick Reply: Hi Point handguns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.