Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Hi Point handguns

Old 06-08-2005, 04:59 AM

Default RE: Hi Point handguns

ORIGINAL: Briman

At least we don't hear weekly stories of Hipoints blowing up like we do with .40 Glocks[8D]
Wow if you weren't a long time(and presumably respected) member of this board I'd tell you what an ass you are, but I'll settle for telling the truth instead: you're an ass. I have a Glock 21(.45acp, not 40 but its a glock) and after firing thousands of rounds with the only 2 failures being SEVERELY DEFFECTIVE AMMUNITION I have to say they are great guns. If you honestly believe that all of the stories of Glocks exploding are real, then you probably believe that Elvis is still alive, and that the CIA killed Kennedy. They are great guns, and anyone who says otherwise is either gullible, a liar, biased, or all of the aforementioned. The truth is that Glocks are able to digest double charged rounds and ask for seconds. Flame me at will. Also, I apologize in advance to any and all moderators.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Notice I said .40 Glocks and not .45, 10mm, or 9mm glocks?

Who's the ass now?
Old 06-08-2005, 06:56 PM

Notice that its a myth perpetrated by Colt fans anyways and that you'll see just as many USP kabooms if you bother to look. NO chamber is going to peel open like a banana peel, even with hot loads. I have used loads meant to give the .45 the power of a 10mm and my glock has had no trouble(I don't do this often since it can wear out the recoil spring). That said, I use +P ammo regularly, and after a long talk with a friend and gun dealer I found that after all of the THOUSANDS of handguns he has sold not one has been reported as having a failed breach. His personal favorite semi-automatics(out of his personal collection of over 500(five-hundred) firearms) are SIG, Glock, and Ruger. You think that .40S&W Glocks kb!, huh? That makes you the ass.
note: I edited out some of the more colorful comments.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, glock perfection- its prety much a miracle of marketing that people think of those two words together.

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/kb-notes.html
http://www.f-r-i.com/glock/FAQ/FAQ-kb.htm#4
http://www.frontsight.com/SafetyRepo...howSingle&ID=5
http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/glock-kb-faq.html
http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/g21kb4.html
http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/ap...y.asp?ID=33826

[8D]
Old 06-10-2005, 06:41 AM

You're a moron. The only way that a barrel could be split like a banana peel is if it was overloaded with high powered rifle powder. My Glock takes +P Corbon, +Golden Sabre, and some other kind(Winchester or Federal, can't remember since GS are the best ever made) and I've never had trouble. The test rounds fired through Glocks can vary from 150% to 200% recommended loads. The can take double charged loads on a regular basis, and while it will increase wear on the bore and recoil spring, you won't get blown up. Also look up HK USP kb!'s and you'll find a lot of 'em. In addition NO polygonal(hex, oct, etc.) bores are not supposed to use lead bullets, it just makes for a tight fit(after lead build up) which causes too much gas to try finding another way out(it has even happened with a Desert Eagle: I saw the pics way back on the old Desert Eagle Shooters forum). Glock was pretty early on the hexagonal/octagonal bandwagon and morons that didn't understand what this meant stuck to their old ways. Thats all. Stupid people making stupid mistakes and screwing it up for the rest of us.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

he only way that a barrel could be split like a banana peel is if it was overloaded with high powered rifle powder.
I don't think so. You couldn't stuff enough rifle powder in a .40 S&W cartridge to create any kind of pressure.

Just keep burying your head in the sand and pretend that Glocks are perfect.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:38 PM

Simply put: You suck. Glock's are awesome. My problem is with morons who think that Glock's kb! with any consistently, and its just not true. You haven't bothered to look up all of the USP's and XD's that have kb!'d, have you? 2.5 million Glock's sold and you think Colt, HK, Springfield, Ruger, S&W, or Browning have sold that many handguns in the last 20 years? No, they haven't. What it comes down to is that there are MORE Glock's, and therefore there will be more stories about this sort of thing(especially with all of the people who don't want U.S. companies to go under). Farewell Colt!
Old 06-16-2005, 10:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: banjo201

I have a question. I don't have a lot of money to spend but I want either a 9mm or a .40. I am just planning to use it as a second gun for self defense. A man who attends my church has a Hi Point 9mm and he likes his. I have hear both bad and good, with the good outweighting the bad. What do you folks think of the Hi Point line?
A friend of mine has a Hi Point that was given to him. We've taken to the range a couple of times, mainly because it shoots 9mm which is cheap. To start with, it would chamber and fire about every third round correctly. After thoroughly going through the gun and cleaning it, it will sometimes only jam once every third shot. It fails to fire about every fifth shot. Last complaint is the bullets tumble severely. Enough that a target 10 feet away is darned near impossible to hit. Nothing I would ever consider using as a backup. The scenario I see with it runs a lot like this:

Attacker appears. You fire two shots. Kill two people. Attacker is still after you.
Third round jams/fails to fire. Throw gun at attacker. Attacker ducks. Gun strikes alley cat.
Attacker mugs you, takes your wallet, laughs, and tells all his other attacker buddies what an easy target you are.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:31 PM

You get what you pay for. You want something to lay your life on, don't pay $150. You want something to plink around with, figure for yourself if the myths are true or not, a fancy and expensive paper weight, go ahead.

But I stand by you get what you pay for.

I'm a XD 9mm shooter.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

My CCW instructor had us use Hi Piont 380s. They only cost about $100-$125. The only reason I would buy one is for a cheap plinking gun. And then I still probably wouldn't buy one. The are big and blocky, very cheap. I would get a Ruger or a Sig first.

Quick Reply: Hi Point handguns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.