Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Hi Point handguns

Old 06-24-2005, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hi Point handguns

Still not one first hand experience from someone that owns one...it's always "my buddy" or "my brother"...

I know they're not the best quality handguns...but I've owned and been aroundHi-Points since they were called Stallards....and I have yet to see one fail.

Old 06-24-2005, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bought one in 9mm the other day on a gun smith parts special for $35 even came with 4 mags for it, had few broken parts but only gonna cost $16 to fix it. Figured for $51 dollars altogether I cant go wrong. once I get a chance to shoot it. Ill give you guys a full range report on it, I plan on chronographing different factory loads with it. hopefully ill be posting back in a few days depends on how long numrich takes to send the parts.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:59 AM
Typical Buck

ahhhh, the old glock vs the world arguements. I love it.. although i am not a fan of Glock pistols i would say they do okay. I have never seen one fail. I myself shoot the XD which i think is a superior firearm , but thats just my opinion. The problem i don't like with the glock is how they fit in my hand. Just not comfortable like other guns. But i wouldn't be afraid to own one or shoot one, that's for sure.

Instead of the hipoint, look at others. there are plenty of guns for just a bit more that will suit your needs. Take a look at S&W SW9, under $300 newand worth it for that price. I have seen it as low as $275 on sale. 9mm is cheap to shoot and you will get more practice. Just my .02
Old 06-24-2005, 10:31 AM

ORIGINAL: semi

a I myself shoot the XD which i think is a superior firearm
Amen!
Old 06-24-2005, 04:08 PM

Pro-Line,

My opinion that Hi-Point is junk is from actually shooting one.I have shot one and only one Hi-Point so my opinion islimited but I stand by it. TheHi-Point that I shot, I shot a lot and it was junk. The pistol actually was my brothers but he and I did a ton of plinking together. I had a Llama as my plinking pistol at the time. Ialso think Llama pistols are junk and wouldn't buy another on a dare.

IMO both Llama's and Hi-Point'ssuffer from the same basic problem, which is a failure to feed reliablyand they aren't thevery accurate.

I don't think it's fair to compare these type of cheap pistols to Beretta, Glock, Kimber or any higher end pistols. A $150 pistol can't compete with a $600+ pistol any more than a Rem Model 710 can compete with a Sako.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Popeye...I agree that you can't compare a Hi-Point with a $600 pistol. They're not made to compete with those.

$150....They're only $79 here. LOL(Of course I drive by the shop that makes them on my way to work everyday)
Old 06-25-2005, 07:12 PM

$79??? Wow, that's cheap! I could have sworn that the local shop had a price of $129 on the Hi-Points. Could I be wrong; that's never happened before.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have sold several Hi-Point .45's and not one so far has had any problem that I know of, and I'm pretty sure some of the people would have been hollering at me if they was not happy with them.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have put a few rounds thru a 9 and a 45. ( other peoples guns)
A good shooter , no not realy ,I hit the backer paper every time if not the target ( can't say that for some guns that cost 10 times as much)
do they work , yes they both went bang when I pulled the trigger with all types of ammo tryed
Will I buy one , NO but I allready have better quality pistols.

When you run out of ammo a good club !!!!!!!!

Johnch

Old 07-03-2005, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

jeez!! numrich takes forever to get a order through still waiting on my parts. Im getting antsy to do that range report for ya guys.

Quick Reply: Hi Point handguns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.