Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Whats wrong with people? >

Whats wrong with people?

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Whats wrong with people?

Old 09-12-2005, 10:12 AM

Default RE: Whats wrong with people?

If any of you come even remotely close to the great state of louisiana, email me andI will take anybody anytime. Beware,I been in fire/ems for six years now, the mostvaluable lesson I havelearned is that most people in general aren't worth shooting in the head... waste of a bullet. Sounds kinda of harsh, huh? They whine and complain about everything when there's nothing wrong with them in the first place. All at the expense of those who really need and deserve help and can't get it b/c of the hypochondriacs that want a little attention. Sorry to sound so angry, this job has made me a bit insensitive. But back to the subject, if someone wants to kill something-let me know. We have a lot of ducks,hogs, and a few deer. We also have a camp for redfish, specks and big drum too.Oh yeah- sept.I catch alligators also.And about being scared of people dying on me,don't bother me at all. I just wish when my time comes, I am outdoors and not atsome stinking hospital!

ps I'm not packing anybody out of the woods, you'll just becomeone with nature! Just joking
Old 09-12-2005, 06:26 PM

Again, I appologize for being so mean, didn't realize how bad it sounded 'till after it posted. I should have just said that I love to take people hunting, especially first timers and children. We are in the process of starting ahunting lodge and will try to accomodate any situation.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:42 PM

I am shocked!

I have had a prosthetic leg for almost ten long years now. My friends love to go hunting with me. AndI am more of a threat to them than I am myself. I mean, I guess it is all about who you are and who you know. But, I have the balance of a new born pony. I fall constantly and am scared to even stand up in my deer stand most of the time. Heck this is the first year i have even gotten in a stand. I have always been a ground blind type of hunter. So, I say do what you want and you don't need friends like that. Come to TN. I will show you where the BIG Turkeys are.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:59 PM

True friends will be there through thick and thin. You are better off without them.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:31 AM

All of you that have taken the time to post here are few and far between because you are a very unique person. I have learned that there arent very many of you in the world. I am very honored to be amoung you and thank you for who you are! I wish I could meet every one of you and thank you! Your support is overwhelming. Sincerely Jimmy
Old 10-11-2005, 10:43 AM

Jimmy , I was truly moved by your story. My best friend and hunting buddy is deaf . He came to my school when we were in junior high and every one made fun of him and called him retarded. I was a football player and the capt. of the team. I had a class with him and soon became friends. I talked him into playing football and he started getting a little respect. I have enjoyed his company for many years since, both in the woods and out. i was the one blessed to have a friend like him. I dont know you and have never spoke with you on here but I would feel it an honor if you would count me among those you call friend. please feel free to contact me at [email protected] thats my e-mail and messenger id. I look farword to hearing from you.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:23 AM

Since I ended up in a wheelchair most of my friends quitcalling and only 4 of them see me much . The wife left me and my sistersare the ones that help me out soI guess blood is thicker than water for sure.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:41 PM

Hey locksley I am almost in a wheel chair I can still walk some but not much I use a hoover round when I can get it loaded in to the truck but that takes help also and not to many want to help. I have friends here that will load it but no one at the hunting areas will help unload. Im trying to get enough material together to build a trailer with a ramp that way I wont need any one to help. I know there are a few great people out there it just gripes my soul that I dont live near anyone of them. I cant just go buy a trailer as the disability payments just cover living expenses so I have to wheel and deal but some day I'll get it together! Jimmy
Old 11-06-2005, 10:01 PM

heywish you were closer to me you sound like a great person and would be truly honered to hunt or fish with ya its ashame people run from syuff they dont understand and its there loss there was a old guy i used to hunt with he used to say what are ya hangin with me for im just a old geeser nobody wants to be around well that old geeser taught me alot not only about hunting but about life and how to enjoy it i never talked on the phone with him or made plans his choice not mine but we would look for eachothers cars when going hunting and then meet up that way well hope you meet someone to hunt with best of luckand keep posting here im new here and could sure learn alot from ya
Old 11-08-2005, 03:47 AM

My disability retirement from the Federal govermentjust covers living expenses also. Now that my wife left me it really makes it hard but that is the way some women are they leave a man when the going gets tough. At least the judge made her bring my 15 year old son by to see me twice a month .

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with people?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.